1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 6:43 AM by lajosefi Go to original post
      • 15. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
        ljgp

Hi Ana,

This sounds promising ! Which JBossWs and JBoss AS release did you use ? Would you mind sharing your code ?

Our procedure for developing the code was a bit different. We are using handwritten WSDL and XSD, everything else is generated from this, then the @SchemaValidation tag was added to the code.

Best regards, Luc.

• 16. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
          anaholzbach

Hi Luc,

I've posted a Tutorial on the JBossWS wiki (http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=SchemaValidation_Demo) and would like to upload a file with an eclipse project that implements the steps detailed, but it seems that the JBoss wiki does not like .zip files. I could send it to you if you email me.

Richard, is there a way to upload a zip file on the wiki ? Thanks,

Ana

• 17. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
            ljgp

Hi Ana,

Thanks a lot ! I will try it out asap !

Luc.

• 18. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
              ljgp

Hi Ana,

It worked now, thanks again ! I had to flatten my WSDL (copy the XSD that I imported into the file itself) and rename the class that implemented the endpoint to make jbossws understand it, but now I end up in the errorhandler on schema validation errors.

A remaining problem, that for now makes the feature not so useful: if I throw an exception in my handler, nothing happens. As in: the client gets back nothing (nope, nada, zero bytes) instead of a SOAP fault I was expecting.

Cheers, Luc.

• 19. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
                anaholzbach

Hi Luc,

Were you able to deploy the demo application ? The demo application clearly returns a SOAP Fault to the client. I'm not sure what the issue is. Did you try calling the web service with Oxygen XML, for example ?

Thanks,

Ana

• 20. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
                  ljgp

Hi Ana,

I did not deploy the demo app, as far as I can remember, just tried to mimick as much as I could your approach.

I tried calling my app with SoapUI, which shows HTTP headers are returned but nothing else. The Sax exceptions simply end up in the app server log.

I am suspecting the problem might have something to do with the webservice being generated top-down from the WSDL, but this is just a guess.

I hope to have some time soon to do some more experiments: deploying your demo app and also trying to run the JBoss testcase.

Cheers, Luc.

• 21. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
                    ljgp

Hi Ana,

I got your sample to deploy and it works as expected (i.e. exceptions returned to client). Comparing with my project, I think I know now what is the problem.

See

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=141744

for further discussion / questions.

Cheers, Luc.

• 22. Re: No tests for @SchemaValidation annotation in 3.0.1 ?
                      lajosefi

Hello Ana,

I am trying to validate the incoming calls to my web service against the schema. I used @SchemaValidation annotation from JAX-WS RI project in my code, but when i deploy the Web Service in jboss (I use jboss-4.2.2.G.A) there is no validation. Searching on the internet I found that jboss-ws has its own annotation, so I guess that the annotation from jax-ws is not supported yet and I have to use the annotation from jboss-ws. Am I right?

I read in this post that here is an eclipse project that shows how to use @SchemaValidation annotation under JBoss. Could you send me that project please? It will be very helpful for me. Thank you very much.

1 2 Previous Next