2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2012 12:50 PM by asoldano

How to set eclipse/maven dependencies to make jbossws work?

virtuellesnugat

Hi,

I'm trying to use the contents of org.jboss.ws.* (e. g. "@WebContext"), but I'm not able to use the contents in the classpath.

I already did:

• install the CXF relatead package on my server
      • run the junit tests (2 failures)

Now when I try to add a dependency to the pom.xml, there is no package available like 'org.jboss.ws'. Furthermore no workaround worked for me.

I even tried to manipulate the archive generation of the war file in the maven configuration like:

{code:xml}

<archive>

<manifestEntries>

<Dependencies>org.jboss.ws.api services export</Dependencies>

</manifestEntries> 

</archive>

{/code:xml}

I hoped using this workaround, I could simply use eclipse's classpath to import and use the .jar directly. But everytime (even if I only do an import) I get an exception during compilation like:

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The argument does not represent an annotation type"

I'm searching for a solution, but the google- and stackoverflow-results won't help.

Is this because of the modular approach of as7.1 or did I simply miss a trivial step to do?

I use eclipse, jboss as 7.1.1, jbossws cxf 4.0.2, maven 3.0.2. Because of maven I feel rather restricted than helped out. But that's because I'm not used to it.

If I forgot to mention something important, please let me know.

I bet there are many people saying this is a stupid question, but I would be thankful for an answer anyway

Greetings!