7 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 11:28 AM by anil.saldhana

Information for students continuing with JBoss Community

anil.saldhana

This thread is for discussion for students who desire to continue their engagement with JBoss community projects, outside of GSOC 12. 

The official list of gsoc 12 students at JBoss Community is listed at https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC12JBossCommunityStudents

The GSOC Ideas page is at https://community.jboss.org/wiki/GSOC12Ideas

Information for students:

• Please indicate which project from the Ideas page interests you.  (Either through this thread or via the gsoc-jboss mailing list). [gsoc  AT  lists.jboss.org    (Sign up here: https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo)]
      • I will then work with the mentors to get you associated with the community project.
      • Once you are associated with a particular project, you will be interacting via the project forums/mailing lists.

Why it is important for students to work on JBoss Community projects?

• JBoss Community hosts a number of best-of-breed open source projects (JBoss AS, Infinispan, Drools, PicketLink, Arquilian, Seam, Forge etc).
      • Students will be able to use their JBoss Community work on their resumes.
      • Students can potentially get references from their mentors for future interviews/employment etc.
        • 1. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
          harjoben

My proposal for GSOC was regarding the use of jBPM5 on Android. Since jBPM5 is a very lightweight engine, it can be used to develop apps for Android as well. I would like to continue with this project in the summer. I have been in touch with the associated mentor, Mr. Kris Verlaenen, and if he's willing I would love to work on this.

I don't mind being involved in any other project if you or Kris feel that the other project has more priority and will be more beneficial for the community at present than the jBPM on Android project.

Thank you.

Regards

Harjoben Singh

• 2. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
            elnuma

My proposal for GSOC is  about Snowdrop projects for GSoC regarding Add annotation indexing support to Spring deployments. I would like to continue with this project in the summer. I have been in touch with the associated mentor, Mr. Marius Bogoevici, and if he's willing I would like to work on this. Besides I would like to improve with Java, Spring and JBOSS and I think that my projects is perfect.

Thank you.

Regards

Manuel Súarez Sánchez.

• 3. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
              chaitu

My Gsoc Project is Automate Javascript tests in an integration environment using Arquillian

Goal:

The goal of this project is to make automation of JavaScript tests in both ide and continuous integration environment by tying execution into the Arquillian ecosystem.Javascript tests execution in both ide and continuous integration should be as easy as possible.

• 4. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
                anil.saldhana

chaitanya nalla wrote:

My Gsoc Project is Automate Javascript tests in an integration environment using Arquillian

Goal:

The goal of this project is to make automation of JavaScript tests in both ide and continuous integration environment by tying execution into the Arquillian ecosystem.Javascript tests execution in both ide and continuous integration should be as easy as possible.

You want to work on Arquilian project?  There may be other tasks there. It is a lively project.

• 5. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
                  anil.saldhana

Harjoben Singh wrote:

My proposal for GSOC was regarding the use of jBPM5 on Android. Since jBPM5 is a very lightweight engine, it can be used to develop apps for Android as well. I would like to continue with this project in the summer. I have been in touch with the associated mentor, Mr. Kris Verlaenen, and if he's willing I would love to work on this.

I don't mind being involved in any other project if you or Kris feel that the other project has more priority and will be more beneficial for the community at present than the jBPM on Android project.

Thank you.

Regards

Harjoben Singh

Continue talking to Kris about it.  There may be other tasks at jBPM5 apart from the Android one.  I am sure based on your interests, there will be a task in jBPM5.

• 6. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
                    khobaib

Hi Anil,

It's almost one month. After being rejected in GSOC-2012, I tried for an internship & got one with an Android project. It seems for next two months, I will be busy with that project.

However, I am interested in Ticket Monster project & want to contribute with the help of JBoss community. At this moment, while busy in another project, it's quite tough for me to start contributing. I think it's not a problem if I finish my current internship & then join the Ticket Monster project, is it? I'll knock here when I will be ready to contribute & can give enough time in that project.

Thank you.

• 7. Re: Information for students continuing with JBoss Community
                      anil.saldhana

Khobaib Chowdhury wrote:

Hi Anil,

It's almost one month. After being rejected in GSOC-2012, I tried for an internship & got one with an Android project. It seems for next two months, I will be busy with that project.

However, I am interested in Ticket Monster project & want to contribute with the help of JBoss community. At this moment, while busy in another project, it's quite tough for me to start contributing. I think it's not a problem if I finish my current internship & then join the Ticket Monster project, is it? I'll knock here when I will be ready to contribute & can give enough time in that project.

Thank you.

Congrats on the internship Khobaib.  You never have to ask for permission to work on JBoss community work.  You just get inolved with the project of your choice.  Let me ping Marius who is involved with TMonster.