0 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 5:55 PM by Jim Morris RSS

Open of saved BPMN2 file fails in Eclipse

Jim Morris Newbie

Hi,  I'm trying to evalute using jBPM as an embedded component for our application.

Using the 5.2 demo download I created a process in Eclipse that was originally in web designer.  Web designer was way too slow for real work.  Twice now I can't re-open the file after shutting down and restarting Eclipse (via Ant start.demo)

I validated before saving, although that shouldn't be required.  First I get a message like "unknown gateway direction".  I manually edit the XML and add gatewayDirection="Diverging" to the <bpmn2:exclusiveGateway> tag missing the direction then I get error: "Could not open the editor: Unknown model object null"

Details:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown model object null

at org.drools.eclipse.flow.ruleflow.editor.editpart.RuleFlowEditPartFactory.createEditPart(RuleFlowEditPartFactory.java:94)

at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.AbstractEditPartViewer.setContents(AbstractEditPartViewer.java:626)

at org.drools.eclipse.flow.common.editor.GenericModelEditor.initializeGraphicalViewer(GenericModelEditor.java:175)

at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor.createGraphicalViewer(GraphicalEditor.java:158)

at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditorWithPalette.createPartControl(GraphicalEditorWithPalette.java:63)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:670)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:289)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2863)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2768)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:2760)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2711)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2707)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2691)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2682)

Any fix for this type of error.