1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2012 5:41 PM by Rafael Martony RSS

JaasAuthenticationProvider and AuthorityGranter

Domenic LaRosa Newbie

I'm trying to get JasperServer to run in JBoss using my JAAS implementation. I can get the authentication to work, but I'm having a problem with the AuthorityGranter bean in my applicationContext-security.xml file.

Here's the error that I get when JBoss tries to load my JasperServer.war file:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ptiJaasAuthenticationProvider' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter[]] for property 'authorityGranters'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [com.perimeter.authentication.PtiAuthorityGranter] to required type [org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter] for property 'authorityGranters[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

Caused by:

org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessException details (1) are:

PropertyAccessException 1:

org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter[]] for property 'authorityGranters'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [com.perimeter.authentication.PtiAuthorityGranter] to required type [org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter] for property 'authorityGranters[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [com.perimeter.authentication.PtiAuthorityGranter] to required type [org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter] for property 'authorityGranters[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:224)

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:124)

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertToTypedArray(TypeConverterDelegate.java:282)

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:197)

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate

My AuthorityGranter class is as follows:
public class PtiAuthorityGranter implements org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.AuthorityGranter
{
 public Set grant(Principal principal)
 {
 Set rtnSet = new HashSet();

// just add administrator right off the bat for now
 // TODO: check database for permissions and add appropriate ones
 rtnSet.add("ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR");

// if (principal.getName().equals("TEST_PRINCIPAL")) {
 // rtnSet.add("ROLE_TEST1");
 // rtnSet.add("ROLE_TEST2");
 // }

return rtnSet;
 }
}

Here's the snippet from applicationContext-security.xml:

<bean id="authenticationManager" class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
 <property name="providers">
 <list>
 <!-- here is the list of authentication mechanisms -->
 <ref local="ptiJaasAuthenticationProvider"/>
 </list>
 </property>
 </bean>

<bean id="ptiJaasAuthenticationProvider" class="org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.JaasAuthenticationProvider">

<!-- TODO: we don't actually want to look here,
 we should look in server/default/conf/login-conf.xml for jboss -->
 <property name="loginConfig">
 <value>/WEB-INF/login.conf</value>
 </property>

<property name="loginContextName">
 <value>RealtimeAppDb</value>
 </property>

<property name="callbackHandlers">
 <list>
 <bean class="org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.JaasNameCallbackHandler"/>
 <bean class="org.acegisecurity.providers.jaas.JaasPasswordCallbackHandler"/>
 </list>
 </property>

<property name="authorityGranters">
 <list>
 <bean class="com.perimeter.authentication.PtiAuthorityGranter"/>
 </list>
 </property>
 </bean>

Any help, of course, is greatly appreciated.

Domenic