7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 5:48 AM by hsma

Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone

hsma

Hello,

Please, i want to know how can i configure JBoss_AOP standalone with Eclipse (steps to follow = especially Classpath and the two versions of JBoss_AOP(plug-in)/Eclipse)

Thank You.

• 1. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone
          flavia.rainone

Hi

To set up your JBoss AOP project in Eclipse, follow the steps below:

- add the jboss-aop-single.jar to your project classpath

- use one of the following solutions to run your application:

To run your Project using the Run as option of Eclipse, follow the steps in the first part of this tutorial. The difference is that, instead of clicking on Debug... in step 1, you will click on Run configurations... of the run menu of Eclipse. If you follow this path, you will be using loadtime weaving.

To run your project using ant, just use as a model the examples-build.xml file, this file is used by the JBoss AOP tutorial examples, located at [jboss-aop installation dir]/docs/aspect-framework/examples. This is an explanation of the tasks available on the build:

- _run_aopc: will use compile time weaving, compiling your code with aopc and then, will run your application

- _run_loadtime: will use loadtime weaving, the equivalent of the previous step

- tasks with annotation on the name: use those when you want to set up your aspects with annotations instead of jboss-aop.xml

To run your project using Maven, copy one of the pom files used by the JBoss AOP tutorial examples, that can be found at any subdir of [jboss-aop installation dir]/docs/aspect-framework/examples

Regarding the plugin, it is outdated and won't work with the newer versions.

I advise you to take a look at our tutorial examples, as they are a very good way to quickly get your hands on JBoss AOP.

• 2. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone
            hsma

Thank you very match for your answer, i begin to understand

So, i donwload jboss-aop-2.1.8 GA (and Eclipse 3.5)

i did not found the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar in "lib" so i used that of "jboss-40-install"

At the end i've got an error :s, please what should i do now?

Sans titre.JPG VM.JPGeclipse.JPG

• 3. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
              hsma

Hi,

The latest version of JBoss_AOP(2.1.8) does not contain the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar in lib, So what's its equivalent PLEASE.

this is the only forum that i found on JBoss_AOP, I NEED YOUR HELP.

Thank you.

• 4. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
                flavia.rainone

loupi loupi wrote:

Hi,

The latest version of JBoss_AOP(2.1.8) does not contain the jboss-aop-jdk50.jar in lib, So what's its equivalent PLEASE.

this is the only forum that i found on JBoss_AOP, I NEED YOUR HELP.

Thank you.

Indeed, I forgot to add that observation to my explanation. The jboss-aop-jdk50.jar is an old jar that we had when JBoss AOP supported both jdk14 and jdk15 versions. Now, we dropped support to jdk14 and  you can simply use the jboss-aop.jar.

If you stumble upon more problems such as that one, let me know.

• 5. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
                  hsma

Hi,

I added these two lines to VM as you told me :

-javaagent:C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\JBossAOP\eclipse\jboss-aop-2.1.8.GA\lib\jboss-aop.jar
                  -Djboss.aop.path=C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Mes documents\Downloads\travail\jboss\SINGLETONS\jboss-aop.xml

What is this error!!!

Error occurred during initialization of VM

agent library failed to init: instrument

Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : C:\Documents

I have not more time, Please HELP ME

Thank you.

Note : i work with jdk1.6.0_13.

• 6. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
                    flavia.rainone

The error you are seeing means it is not liking the space in the path, and it is interpreting tha the path is only C:\Documents:

-javaagent:C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\JBossAOP\eclipse\jboss-aop-2.1.8.GA\lib\jboss-aop.jar-Djboss.aop.path=C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Mes documents\Downloads\travail\jboss\SINGLETONS\jboss-aop.xml

I would try adding " or ' to see if the problem is solved:

-javaagent:"C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\JBossAOP\eclipse\jboss-aop-2.1.8.GA\lib\jboss-aop.jar" -Djboss.aop.path="C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Mes documents\Downloads\travail\jboss\SINGLETONS\jboss-aop.xml"

or

-javaagent:'C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\JBossAOP\eclipse\jboss-aop-2.1.8.GA\lib\jboss-aop.jar' -Djboss.aop.path='C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Mes documents\Downloads\travail\jboss\SINGLETONS\jboss-aop.xml'

It's been ages since I stopped working on Windows, so I'm not sure which one of those would work. Another (lame) alternative is adding your stuff to a path that has no spaces in it.

You also need to add a space char before the -D, as I did above, otherwise it won't work.

• 7. Re: Eclipse/JBoss AOP standalone jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
                      hsma

Thank you VERY VERY VERY MUCH,

Good luck for your research