1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 6:20 PM by peterj

Minimum Hardware Requirements for JBossAS ?

Hi,

I'm getting very frustrated looking for the minimum hardware requirements for JBossAS 5.

The installation guide says:
      For the latest information on supported Operating System / JVM combinations and supported Database platforms, please refer to http://www.jboss.com. - but I can't find these requirements anywhere.

The best that I can find is in the installation guide:
      2.1. Pre-Requisites
      You must have adequate disk space to install JDK and JBoss Application Server while also allowing enough space for your applications. Before installing JBoss Application Server you must have a working installation of Java.

Can someone help me find these requirements? I have to justify what kind of server to buy, and without documentation it will be difficult.

• 1. Re: Minimum Hardware Requirements for JBossAS ?
          peterj

Minimum? Any single-core processor (Pentium IV is fine) and 1GB RAM. About 500MB of free disk is sufficient. That should handle an app with maybe a handful of EJBs, several dozen servlets/JSPs and about a dozen or so casual users. You might be able to get away with less RAM if you are running Linux (I would not try that with Windows Server.)

What technologies/libraries does your app use (EJBs, Web services, Messaging, JSF, Seam, Spring, other)? What is the size of your EAR or WAR file? How many simultaneous users do you imagine? Are you considering a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? Which OS? Which JVM version? JBoss AS 5.0.1 or 5.1.0? Have you done any performance or load testing? Do you know the heap memory requirements for your app when it is under load?