1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2008 5:11 PM by alexsmirnov

Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet

wesleyhales

You should be able to use the request as you mentioned. Don't use excluded-attributes because that is exactly opposite of what you want. Also make sure you have

<init-param>
       <param-name>javax.portlet.faces.preserveActionParams</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
       <init-param>

in your portlet.xml

• 1. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
          viniciuscarvalho

Thanks Wesley. I already have this on my portlet.xml. I have excluded the config from the faces-config (I was really confused by that :) )

But still I can't access the parameters:

PortletRequest request = (PortletRequest)this.facesContext.getExternalContext().getRequest();
          String x = request.getParameter("foo");

Actually, the parameters are null, no matter the query string on the browser window.

Could you please advice?

Regards

• 2. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
            viniciuscarvalho

I'm still stucked with this :(

No matter which impl (B1,B2,B3) It is not possible to access request parameters from the PortletRequest inside my ManagedBean.

Reading the javadoc for the API:

# javax.portlet.faces.preserveActionParams: specifies on a per portlet basis whether the bridge should preserve parameters received in an action request and restore them for use during subsequent renders.

So it seems that only action parameters are restored? What about request uri, We are having this exact same issue, I've seen another user on the jboss portal forum having same issue.

Any way to get those parameters?

PS: We are using seam as well.

• 3. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
              viniciuscarvalho

Well tried to re-implement the javax.faces.GenericPortlet and I can not find the parameter (passed on the request uri) in none of the methods (render, doView)

Tried the constructor of my bean... nothing. It seems that the bridge is not passing away the parameters from the uri.

This is the only parameter avaible at those locations:

Parameters[javax.faces.portletbridge.STATE_ID=uploadB2Portlet24DFF11F65E83699968F1D8DED7297ACview87b1e5d1-07b3-407d-89ea-aa935ae79ac6]

No other is visible.

Any ideas?

• 4. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                viniciuscarvalho

Well the only way we found to access the request:

JBossRenderRequest request = (JBossRenderRequest)facesContext.getExternalContext().getRequest();
                 HttpServletRequest originalReq = null;
                Field f = request.getClass().getSuperClass().getSuperClass().getDeclaredField("dreq");
                f.setAccessible(true);
                originalReq = (HttpServletRequest)f.get(request);

It's f**** ugly I know, I'm aware that I've violated the encapsulation rules of OO (sorry)

but it works :)

Well, hope to find a better way to access the ApplicationRequest one day and get rid of this horrible piece of code

• 5. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                  eskape

Guys,

Any advance with this problem? We understand that you are pretty busy with all portletbridge stuff, so could you please provide at least some hints on this, we'll be glad to fix/extend the GenericFacesPortlet (or whatever) and contribute our patches.

• 6. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                    eskape

Well, when having a 3 members in a team, problems sometimes is being solved pretty fast.

What we've done is a hack around JBoss proprietary ControllerContext class (will definitely NOT work in liferay or whatever). It just copies everything from original ClientRequest request parameters to RenderRequest request attributes with "x-url-param." prefix. This is done due to the fact that PortletRequest.getRequestParameterMap() returns an immutable instance (which is definitely sane behavior).

Ok, our code follows, we are looking forward to have it in the next Portlet Bridge beta :)
                    Should we file a JIRA issue with this code attached?

package ru.eva.core.web;

import java.io.IOException;
                    import java.util.Map;

import javax.portlet.PortletException;
                    import javax.portlet.RenderRequest;
                    import javax.portlet.RenderResponse;
                    import javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet;
                    import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;

import org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils;

public class EvaFacesPortlet extends GenericFacesPortlet {

@Override
                     protected void doDispatch(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
                     throws PortletException, IOException {
                     try {
                     HttpServletRequest clientRequest = (HttpServletRequest) PropertyUtils
                     .getNestedProperty(request,
                     "controllerContext.serverInvocation.serverContext.clientRequest");
                     if (clientRequest != null
                     && clientRequest.getParameterMap() != null) {
                     for (Map.Entry e : request.getParameterMap().entrySet()) {
                     request.setAttribute("x-url-param." + (String) e.getKey(), e.getValue());
                     }
                     }
                     } catch (Exception ex) {
                     // client request is not available here :(
                     }

super.doDispatch(request, response);

}

}

• 7. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                      theute

What is not working with the ControllerContext in LIferay ?

• 8. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                        theute

Oh sorry i misunderstood.

• 9. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                          eskape

Any chances this will be in the next PortletBridge so we'll get rid of this extra code in our own project? ;-)

• 10. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                            eskape

Any chances this will be in the next PortletBridge so we'll get rid of this extra code in our own project? ;-)

• 11. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                              theute

We need a generic solution.

• 12. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                                eskape

Thomas,

Following to the Portlet Spec (PLT.11.1.1 Request Parameter s), this is absolutely up to portlet-container implementation, so I am afraid that there are no generic solutions possible (rather than configurable JBossPortalRequestParameterHandler, LiferayPortalRequestParameterHandler, WhateverElseRequestParameterHandler approach):

PLT.11.1.1 Request Parameter s

The portlet-container must not propagate parameters received in an action request to
                                subsequent render requests of the portlet.l If a portlet wants to do that, it can use render
                                URLs or it must use the setRenderParameter or setRenderParameters methods of
                                the ActionResponse object within the processAction call.

• 13. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                                  theute

How are you trying to pass the parameters ?

• 14. Re: Accessing Request parameters from jsf portlet
                                    eskape

Thomas,

In any possible way. Our task is to send user the "restore your password link" via e-mail so he's able to click it and access "password restoration" portal page with "restore user's password" portlet. The link we are sending should contain userId and some generated hash code so we could recognize user and allow him to change the password.

At the moment, the link sent is:
                                    http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/default/restore?user=9094750&code=ba55b37e4a7c4357667a5a77521c2580

With our EvaFacesPortlet code provided above, we are doing this in our Seam Managed Bean:

@Name("userRequestManager")
                                    @Scope(ScopeType.EVENT)
                                    public class UserRequestManager {

private User restoringUser;
                                     private boolean findUserRequestAttempted; //do not attempt to find user multiple times in the same request

public User getRestoringUser() {
                                     if (restoringUser == null && !findUserRequestAttempted) {
                                     PortletRequest req = (PortletRequest) FacesContext
                                     .getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest();
                                     Long userId = NumberUtils.toLong((String) req
                                     .getAttribute("x-url-param.user"));
                                     String hash = (String) req.getAttribute("x-url-param.code");
                                     User user = us.findUserById(userId);
                                     if (hash != null && hash.equals(user.getRegistrationHash())) {
                                     this.restoringUser = user;
                                     }
                                     this.findUserRequestAttempted = true;
                                     }
                                     return restoringUser;
                                     }
                                    }

I will be very thankful if you'll provide any other hints regarding this :)

1 2 Previous Next