2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2007 4:57 PM by jacob.orshalick

Seam validator issues

I finally got the JSF validator to stop complaining about Seam components in RHDS, but I'm still seeing issues with EL validations with Seam. Please note that I am not using a RHDS Wizard Seam project, but an existing project with Seam nature added. The issues seem to be related to the following:

1. Named "var" attributes in a JSF datatable are not being recognized and are therefore evaluated by the Seam Validator as an Invalid Expression. For instance if I have the following:

<h:dataTable var="entry" value="#{myList}">
       <h:column>
       <h:outputText value="#{entry.value}" />
       </h:column>

myList is recognized but entry is not. entry is shown as an Invalid Expression.

2. Components that exist in other required projects included in the build path. These components are not recognized by the Seam Validator in EL expressions. I also notice that the Seam components for my project does not reflect these shared components, nor does it recognize Seam components from Seam unless they are included in my components.xml.

Are these known bugs or is there some setting that I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Seam validator issues
          maxandersen

Which JSF validator are you talking about when saying "getting it to stop complaining about seam components" ?

1) report it in jira.

2) I assume you use rhds beta1. Then this is expected behavior since it did not have cross-project seam dependencies. beta2 have/will.

• 2. Re: Seam validator issues

"max.andersen@jboss.com" wrote:
            Which JSF validator are you talking about when saying "getting it to stop complaining about seam components" ?

Here are the details:

Under Window -> Preferences:
            - Web and XML
            - Identifier Resolution
            - JavaServer Faces Tools
            Validation

I had to set Identifier Resolution -> Variable not found to Ignore to avoid validation issues on Seam components and outjected variables.

1) report it in jira.

Done. The issue has been raised at:

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RHDS-207

2) I assume you use rhds beta1. Then this is expected behavior since it did not have cross-project seam dependencies. beta2 have/will.

Thanks for the FYI, great to hear!