RichFaces Team Meeting Minutes ( M4 Post-Mortem) 11-23-2010

4.0.0 Milestone 5

  • Component status
    • PanelMenu in progress
    • Fileupload some issues, but will finish in time
    • Toolbar - Ready, waiting for review
    • dnd - some issues with client side
      • Need to discuss more offline
    • Calendar features good
    • Drop down menu good
    • CSV + Msg - behind a week because of portal work, but still should make component freeze
    • Tree features on tract

GAE Showcase hosting

  • Load testing last week
    • Performed well
    • 2 main issues
      • Ajax requests failing under load, and making browser restart needed
        • Must be resolved prior to announcement
      • 404 on some resource requests
        • Not huge effect, but should be investigated
  • Will reconnect after vacations/holidays ( next week )
  • Jira's should be created as needed, and set to "examples" with "GAE" label.

 

4.0.0.Milestone 4 Post-mortem meeting

  • Forum post http://community.jboss.org/message/571660#571660
  • More details in the transcript
  • Main points discussed:
    • Code Reviews
      • Either did not happen, or had very little feedback/results
      • Need to make sure we get good peer reviews to help with initial quality
    • Git migration
      • Nick has been trying it, and liking it
      • some issues with windows client
      • Any migration will need to wait until at least M5 is out
    • Markup delays
      • PanelMenu as an example
      • Looking into alternate approach
    • Req/Dev meeting still going very well
      • For some non-trivial components need more impl/design info in wiki
    • Concerns over postponing jira's
      • Priorities have forced some items to shift
      • Full reviews need to be done for CR's and that will be the main focus of those phases
    • Mojarra version changed post freeze, and examples were not up to date.
    • Initial quality of components to QE
      • Not really different from QE's point of view
      • Should check showcase and dev samples better before freeze
      • Engineering suggestion
      • QUnit test runner as part of jboss-test suite
      • Complete Alex's example template work ( part of CSV )
        • Should cover skinning, test components in various containers
    • Misc
      • Mad dash of jira shifting and resolving at the end of the milestone
        • Again - need to make sure that jira is updated regularly so we know how things stand
      • CR release schedule discussed ( 1 or 2 week cycles, still in discussion )
        • Weekly, or bi-weekly releases of showcase would help dev, qe, etc…
        • Can not be public releases though
      • Migration is critical and needs to be addressed asap
        • Jay and Ilya will meet next week