RichFaces Team Meeting Minutes 8-10-2010

Note: Details in transcript

 

RichFaces 4.0.0.M2 Release

  • Dev Status
          • Rename root - done
          • Relocate sandbox - done
        • What is not, and can be done in parallel?
          • Review of final pom files - committed, to be reviewed
          • Moving CDK docs into trunk/docs - done by Alex in dev. branch
          • CDK BOM to be removed
        • Guava shading - decided not to shade it, so task has been resolved
    • Component status
      • https://jira.jboss.org/browse/RF-8933
        • Anton:
          • migrated iteration components to the CDK annotations
          • working on inplaceInput component
            • to be completed on friday
          • inplaceSelect
            • will be completed if code freeze is shifted one week
        • Andrei:
          • autocomplete & panels migration to CDK
            • to be completed tomorrow
          • reported popup panel bugs
            • to be resolved by Friday evening
        • Alex S.:
          • Portlet bridge & EAP release
          • CDK
            • branch has been created and work started
            • to complete by Friday
          • Framework review
            • looking at the code from time to time
        • Nick:
          • inputNumberSlider:
            • markup updated
            • some attributes are not implemented
              • 2-3 days to finish events/dimension attributes
              • 'orientation' attribute postponed
    • Release Plan
      • Code Freeze Friday 13th
        • Shift one week, due to Build updates
          • looks like a necessity
          • QA is ok with shift
        • What do we "get" if we do?
          • More updates for demos & review
          • Developers wrap up with components and work on bugs
          • The work we discussed to be complete this week
          • Action item: JIRAs review. Weekly status report should include next week plan information
          • Planned early test release next week Tuesday - to tryout stability of release process
    • QE Status
      • Unable to have a pre-release for M2
        • Early test release should help, taken into account increased trunk stability, provided by branches
      • Comments, questions?
        • Built-in W3C validation
          • Was available in unit tests in 3.x, not ported to 4.x yet
        • RF-8960 "The file permission for selected directories are set to 777 (rwsrwsrwt) for release ZIP"
          • Jay will work on it in M2
        • RF-8904 " Release ZIP contains corrupted files generated by jsdoc"
          • to be checked by Alex K.
        • Hudson
          • One job per project or module-based?
            • two jobs: "light" (excludes docs) & "full" profiles
    • Doc Status
      • Doc meeting tomorrow morning
    • Misc
      • Demo hosting on JBoss.org
        • Need to estimate cost by GAE usage for demo hosting
        • Pushing to get server setup with IT