RichFaces Team Meeting Minutes 5-18-2010

Note: Details in transcript

 

4.0.0.Alpha2

  • Release Planning
    • End of next week is code freeze for Alpha2
      • This is based on the various status updates, and discussions
    • Dev
      • Open questions/changes in status ( not covered below )
        • New tasks from Nick:
          • Partial updates feature redesign
          • Dynamic resources handling improvements
            • Expected to complete this week
          • Queue renderers code update
            • Andrei will work on it
    • QE
      • Thoughts/plans for testing alpha2
        • Need to touch base with Prabhat and discuss what can be done for 1-1.5 weeks
  • Open Topics
      • Nick (apply, actionListener)
        • a4j:apply has been moved to "Future" versions - need to work more on requirements
        • a4j:actionListener has been implemented, but CDK cannot register it in a4j.taglib.xml, so reassigned to Alex to fix this in CDK
    • Release artifact structure
      • http://community.jboss.org/message/543453#543453
        • Comments reviewed
      • Review/finalize
        • Separate distribution module for CDK discussed
          • Documentation, examples, etc.
          • Will this include binaries?:
            • lib would make sense to use CDK as APT module for any javac build ( Eclipse lets to define such tool )
              • If time permit - to revisit next week
        • User should be able to rebuild core, commons & ui from distribution archive (with no need for release distribution rebuild)
          • IDE import instructions are necessary
    • Alex K - proposed aggregator/bom/parent relationship change
      • Want to discuss and finalize
        • Initial variant will be used: the aggregator does two things - manages modules, and assembly
        • Discussed removal of aggregators inheritance from richfaces-parent - decided to leave this untouched
    • Migration from ui-sandbox --> /ui/<module>
      • Blockers, plans, tasks
        • Development will be stopped and code moved to ui without formal review this time
        • For M1 when we get the process, QA team or dev. team will do formal review
        • Nick will do the move
          • Need to clarify on this additionally - taken offline
    • Release process, and plugin investigation
      • Alex S & I have done some of this
        • Alex & Jay are on the right track and will update
      • Need to finalize this week
        • richfaces-parent and richfaces-checkstyle will be released
      • Discussed richfaces-cdk-* prefix for CDK modules
        • Not necessary, short names are better
      • CDK will be updated to use richfaces-parent as its parent today
    • Common logging investigation
      • Status
        • Taken offline
    • Bean validation
      • Seam/richfaces meeting this week
        • Taken offline