RichFaces Team Meeting Minutes 2-22-2011

Note: Details in transcript

Agenda:http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RichFacesTeamMeetingAgenda2-22-2011

4.0.0.CR1

  • Branch structure review
  • QE Testing status
    • Initial testing
      • Couple of critical issues
        • Already in development for respin
      • Some MyFaces issues with Forms
        • Lukas to retest, and report
      • Initial testing should be completed by thursday
        • Respin will not be until Friday/Saturday
    • Metamer test reviews by development
      • Several people reviewing failed metamer tests
      • Priority is CR1 issues
  • Jira reviews
    • RF-10586 - toggle panel validation on ajax switch
      • Important to get into CR1
      • Feature request for future to make optional
        • Immediate can already do parts of this
    • RF-10456 - graphValidator and messages
      • 2 issues really:
        • 1Why is the beanValidator tag there
        • 2Why is graphValidator duplicating validation
      • 1
        • Alex believes in should stay
        • Ilya and Jay believe it will just confuse
        • If safe to hide ( even if needed in graphValidator ) lets hide it
          • Its not tested, planned, or documented
          • RF-10591 created to handle this
      • 2
        • Topic not fully resolved
        • GraphValidation uses custom RF extention of bean validation
        • Doubles up on messages because of that?
        • Need to discuss more offline to understand options
        • Alex is going to take this task, but Nick will assist

4.0.0.Final

  • Did not have time to discuss

Misc

  • Bernard has several things pending to review
    • CDK Guide review
      • Can wait
    • Sandbox component review
      • Can wait as well
    • Discussed next development version for 3.3.X sandbox components
      • Should be 3.3.4-SNAPSHOT
      • Bernard will update
    • Tutorial review is needed
      • Bernard will create an RFPL jira for this
  • Discussions continued after meeting related to:
    • Resource Dependency
      • related to primefaces/RF integration
    • New component ideas for RichFaces
      • Good talks guys - sorry I missed it