This article describes the PicketLink v2.0.3.Final release from JBoss community.
Please refer to the detailed notes of PicketLink v2.0.0.Final for more information on what is included in 2.x release.
26 March 2012
JIRA Release Notes
Features available for the first time in this release:
- Strict Post Binding Available at IDP [https://issues.jboss.org/browse/PLFED-271}
Which versions of JBoss AS does this release support?
|Features||JBoss AS7.1.1||JBoss AS 6||JBoss AS 5|
|SAML Web Browser SSO Profile||Y||Y||Y|
|Secure Token Server (STS) Use Cases||Y||Y||Y|
|Trust Feature (Deeper integration with JBoss EJB3 and JBoss WS)||N||Y||Y|
NOTE: PicketLink 2.0.2.Final is shipped directly inside JBoss AS 7.1.1
You will need to replace the jars in the module in JBoss AS7.1.0
Which versions of Apache Tomcat does this release support?
We currently have only tested with Apache Tomcat 6 and the SAML Web Browser SSO Profile works fine. We will add support for Apache Tomcat 7 soon.
Where can I get extensive documentation?
Download a JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final distribution updated with PL 2.0.3.Final
This custom distribution is also shipped with two example applications (idp-sig.war and sales-post-sig.war). To log in use login guest and password guest123.
How do I install PL 2.0.2 (and above) in AS 7.1.x?
- First follow the article: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToConfigurePicketLink202WithJBossAS711
- Download the PicketLink Jar Zip for JBoss AS 7.1.x from the downloads of PicketLink. ( http://www.jboss.org/picketlink/downloads )
- Follow the article https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToUpdateJBossAS71ToNewerVersionsOfPicketLink
- Download the ZIP of the web applications tailored for AS7.x from the downloads again or directly at https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/picketlink/picketlink-fed-webapps-as7-assembly/2.0.2.Final/picketlink-fed-webapps-as7-assembly-2.0.2.Final.zip
- Unzip the web application zip in standalone/deployments directory.
- You may need to configure security domains in standalone/configuration/standalone.xml [We use http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/picketlink/integration-tests/trunk/common-dist/files/standalone.xml in our integration tests]. (Thanks to Glen Mazza, an awesome JBoss community guy - you will need to configure "picketlink-sts", "sp", and "idp" security domains)