The roadmap for Infinispan is maintained in detail in , as are estimated release dates, etc.
This page contains a high level overview of what to expect in upcoming releases.
- First cut of the new API
- Includes consistent hash based data distribution for high scalability
- Includes a TreeCache API for compatibility with JBoss Cache 3.x.
- Query API technical preview
- RESTful server
- Released Feb 23, 2010. See release anouncement for more details.
- Memcached-compliant server module and high-performance cache client
- RemoteCacheStore based on server module
- Query API (final)
- Fine-grained replication API (JPA-like API)
- Distributed executors
Here is a brain-dump of what we would like to see Infinispan grow into.