1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2008 12:10 PM by tamilsmani

Exploded deployment EJB problem

tamilsmani

Hi anyone,

I am trying to deploy an application an exploded format. I have created 3 different projects EAR, JAR (EJB) and WAR. I have configured all 3 different projects in application.xml in EAR project and I referenced in JBOSS server.

The application.xml file entry as follows:

<display-name>VPS_EAR</display-name>

../../../../../../VPS_WORKSPACE\VPS_EJB\classes.jar // The location where my EJB project is exist

<web-uri>/../../../../../VPS_WORKSPACE\VPS_WEB\WebContent</web-uri> // The location where my WEB project is exist
      <context-root>/VPS</context-root>

The above configuration is absolutely fine. No issues with that.

I am getting a problem when I started the server and server finds ejb project and start compiling an ejb. The problem was:

12:40:11,884 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/VPS.ear/
      12:40:12,650 WARN [ServiceController] Problem creating service jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=classes.jar
      java.lang.ArrayStoreException: sun.reflect.annotation.TypeNotPresentExceptionProxy
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseClassArray(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseArray(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseMemberValue(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotation(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations2(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.initAnnotationsIfNecessary(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.getAnnotation(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.aop.annotation.AnnotationElement.getVisibleAnnotation(AnnotationElement.java:88)

Thanx in advance.

Regards
      Tamil Selvan.