4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2008 9:55 AM by adrian.brock

Is JacORB.JAR in the bootclasspath?

lzap

Hello,

it seems I do not understand classloading of JBoss. Does have classes from jacorb.jar higher priority than from JREs rt.jar? Because we encouter problems when classes from JREs org.omg are used.

• 1. Re: Is JacORB.JAR in the bootclasspath?

If you want to change org.omg you use the "endorsed mechanism" see the JDK docs.

If this is the same question that appeared as a bug report (wrongly) then the
          issue has nothing to do with org.omg. It has to do with not using JacORB

i.e. this FAQ
          http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/WhyDoesCosNamingCreateANewORBForJndiLookups

If it is the FAQ, then move your questions to the user forums.
          This is the development forums.

• 2. Re: Is JacORB.JAR in the bootclasspath?
            lzap

Thank you for your help and support.

The file jacorb.jar includes org.omg packages and I thought having it in the bootclasspath overrides Sun ones.

I will try to move the thread.

• 3. Re: Is JacORB.JAR in the bootclasspath?
              lzap

I cannot edit :-(

• 4. Re: Is JacORB.JAR in the bootclasspath?

"lzap" wrote:

The file jacorb.jar includes org.omg packages and I thought having it in the bootclasspath overrides Sun ones.

Those are omg classes that are not available in all JDKs.
                e.g. CosTransactions is not part of the JDK
                or some classes are not available in older JDK versions.

I will try to move the thread.

By "move the thread" I meant start a new thread in either the naming, deployment
                or ejb forums stating what your problem really is.

Your initial question related to a method on the ORB classs which just gets delegated
                to the ORB singleton. Inside JBoss (in the all configuration) that is JacORB.