1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2009 10:40 AM by bonnybo

How to import EJB 3.0 Workbook Exercises into Netbeans

htran_888

Hi,

I am very new to EJB 3.0 but have covered more than half of this book and have no difficulty completing the exercises on the command line using the Ant script provided by the workbook. Nevertheless, I would like to use NetBeans to import these same exercises in but could not proceed further after selecting to create a New Enterprise Application using Existing Source and completing the following details:

Location - D:\Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0\workbook\ex04_1,
      Project Name - ex04_1,
      Proejct Folder - C:\Document and Settings\henry\EJB 3.0\Workbook,
      Server - JBoss Application Server 4,
      Java EE Version - Java EE 5,
      Set Source level to 1.5 (checked),
      Set as Main Project (checked).

This panel "New Enterprise Application with Existing Sources" does not disappeared after having clicked the button, even though all other buttons such as , , and have all been greyed out.

I am experiencing the same problem when going through the tutorial "Importing Java EE Applications in NetBeans IDE 5.5".

JBoss AS has been started prior to creating this project.

I am running Netbeans 5.5 bundled with JBoss AS 4.0.4 on Windows XP platform.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Henry

• 1. Re: How to import EJB 3.0 Workbook Exercises into Netbeans
          bonnybo

I was not able to make the import. I tried by creating an enterprise application project with existin source by selecting the relevant inside the IDE and

To achieve theese goals I googled and I read:

1) chapter 6 of Pro NetBeans IDE 5.5 Enterprise Edition - creating an enterprise application project with existin source

2) chapter 6 of Pro Netbeans IDE 6 Rich Client Platform Edition about Ant

in Google books without succeeding.

If anybody can do it please post me.

Regards,
          Franz