1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 327 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2007 10:57 PM by vashistvishal Go to original post
      • 45. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

I dont think its an issue on windows. I am assuming yr Jboss is runing suceesfully without any errors when u start.
        Just to be on safer side, Check yr host setting for networking, I have seen this error in that scenario, where /ect/hosts file causes this error on linux. You have to check yr settings on windows.
        Check this thread.
        http://www.jboss.org/modules/bb/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=

• 46. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
          substring

Hello All,

This new tutorial seems to be very good. Initially I had some problem with the MySessionBean, but I found out that it was my configuration with JBoss. I have been using JBoss for other projects. After I cleaned up my classpath, the Test project in Chapter 1 works.

However, when I deployed MyBank, I was getting several error messages of:
          org.jboss.Main at localhost:10296 was unable to replace the running code with the code in the workspace.
          Reason: The target VM does not support hot code replace.

What does it mean? The strange thing is that, after I "ok" off all the error messages, the application runs with the desired results displayed in console. So what exactly was the problem?

My setups are as followed:
          j2sdk1.4.2
          jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24
          Eclipse 2.1.1
          Lomboz 2.1.1
          Windows XP Professional

Any help will be very much appreciated.

simon.

• 47. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
            substring

Update to my last post.....

I continue to Chapter 3. Now I am getting the "Hot Code Replace" error message every single time when I save a Bean or a Class file. This time, after I did the step to "generate EJB classes", the xml files under MyStoreMgr/META-INF remains just 7 files. And the folder ejbsrc is empty.

Why does it work for the Test project and does not work here?

The followings are parts of the log file in Eclipse:
            //messages begin---------------------------------------
            !ENTRY com.objectlearn.jdt.j2ee 4 4 Aug 17, 2003 16:12:25.105
            !MESSAGE J2EE Plugin internal error
            !STACK 1
            org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[1]: file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 1 Aug 17, 2003 16:12:25.105
            !MESSAGE file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.
            !STACK 0
            file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.

!ENTRY com.objectlearn.jdt.j2ee 4 4 Aug 17, 2003 16:14:14.963
            !MESSAGE J2EE Plugin internal error
            !STACK 1
            org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[1]: file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ant.core 4 1 Aug 17, 2003 16:14:14.973
            !MESSAGE file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.
            !STACK 0
            file:D:/eclipse2.1.1/workspace/MyStore/MyStoreMgr/META-INF/ejbGenerate.xml:53: Class xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask doesn't support the "datasource" attribute.

//messages end---------------------------------------

How come the datasource attribute is not supported? Any help will be very much appreciated.

simon.

• 48. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

Another Update :
              -------------------------
              Chapter 7 On MDB and Chapter 8 on Web Clients has been released today. This completes all the chapters used in tutorial.

Tutorial has been devloped using Lomboz 2.1_02, Eclispe 2.1 and Jboss 3.2.1. We haven't been able to try this on new releases of Lomboz and Eclispe yet, so if you experience any problems with new components then please raise that in relavent forums.

And again thanks to all of you who provided us invaluable feedback and suggestions.

Goodluck.........

• 49. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                bumeshrai

Dear Vishal,

I had completed ch.3 and was waiting for Ch.4 Creating a Stateful Session Bean ( Coming Soon ....). But your latest post says -- 'Thats all'. Correct ?

I have just browsing your last chapter on web client. The header seems to be wrong. It says Chapter 7 instead of 8. Minor thing.

Bye! and thanks for the tutorial.

• 50. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

What I meant to say was that all chapters using this case study are finished, and chapter 4 is not part of the case study but is there to cover steps how to create Stateful Bean. We will do that at some stage, Can't say when.
                  And thanks for that feedback. I will update that asap.

Goodluck,

• 51. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                    altunoguz

Hi,
                    First of all, awesome tute, thanks to all involved...

Second, I have this problem on win2000, with eclipse, lomboz and jboss required versions. It would help me a lot if you guys can give me any clues:

In chapter 3, when I deploy MyStoreMgr module, I see this error in console:
                    ... 578 ERROR [MainDeployer] couldn't create deployment: file:/g:/jboss-3.2.1/server/all/deploy/MyStoreMgr.jar

Lots of exceptions follow this. When I open the jar file above with winzip, I see that it has only the META-INF directory and its contents... so, no java class files there at all.

However, in eclipse, in the Package Explorer, in ejbsrd directory, I can see the produced au.com.tusc.session.StoreAccess.java and resembling source files.

Again in the Package Explorer under "MyStoreMgr" module I see a MyStoreMgr.jar, which also lacks java classes.

As a summary, xdoclet creates necessary deployment descriptors and other needed java sources, but these created java source files are not compiled in to class files, or even if they are compiled, they are not packaged into the jar...

I had the same problem when I tried the example in chapter 1 with wrong eclipse version 2.1.1 + lomboz 2.1 . So I downloaded eclipse 2.1 and after redoing every step the problem went away... I was hoping that It was due to wrong eclipse version, but the problem reappeared now, even with the right eclipse version.

Did anybody have the same problem?
                    Thanks in advance...

• 52. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

Firs remove ejbsrc dir . Remove yr bean under Lomboz J2ee view.
                      Add the bean in yr Ejb Module again, Generate classess and deploy it.
                      If that doesn't work then in Eclipse, at the top level menu, Project --> Rebuild All, or RebuildProject. Try this.

Do this step first and then do the one i have mentioned above.
                      Hopefully you colud deploy yr beans succesfully.

Vishal.

• 53. Chapter 5 Vs. chapter 3
                        mainland

Vishal.

Hope you still remember my question.

I can not run chapter 3, the error message in my previsious question.
                        but run example in chapter 5, it is worked,

What I did is simply changed in

testbean() function
                        change the code
                        CustomerData cd = myBean.getCustomerData(userID);
                        System.out.println ("Andy your details with MyStore are " + cd );

to

CustomerData cd = myBean.getCustomerData("U2");
                        System.out.println ("Andy your details with MyStore are " + cd );

• 54. Re: Chapter 5 Vs. chapter 3
                          mainland

Vishal,
                          I think I found the problem, in the init() function in
                          StoreAccessDAOImpl class.

in the try block in the code

c = new InitialContext();
                          this.jdbcFactory = (DataSource) c.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/DefaultDS");

the c.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/DefaultDS"); always return a null value. so the jdbcFactory always null.

I do not why?

Thanks for help

• 55. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                            ecarollo

Hi All,
                            I have a problem on chap 5. Every files are generated, I modified jboss.xml with ejb-local-ref rather then ejb-ref, I started jboss and deployed the ejb, but all I get is this exception message:

Entering StoreAccessBean.ejbCreate()
                            10:31:27,041 ERROR [STDERR] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound
                            10:31:27,041 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495)
                            10:31:27,041 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503)

I tried to change COMP_NAME with the JNDI_NAME in CustomerUtil.getLocalHome, and all works fine. Why?
                            Can anybody help me?
                            Thank's in advance

enrico

• 56. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                              bumeshrai

Dear Vishal,

I was trying Chapter 5.

When I try to run client, I get the following result:

Request from client :
                              Reply from Server: Your userid is U2
                              Andy your details with MyStore are null

Obviously the resultset has returned null.

The problem now is in debuging. The console view clears everything when ever the client is run and all the System.out.println("Entering......")
                              System.out.println("Leaving......") code cannot be seen.

Is there any solution for seeing these ouputs as the only prespective available is Lomboz View and there is no JBoss view.

• 57. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                                olof

Hi Bumeshrai,

you can choose which output you wan to see on the console view. You have a poplist for choosing.

And if you run JBoss from Lomboz, you can see JBoss output where are written all the 'Entering...' and 'Leaving...'.

• 58. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                                  olof

Hi,

I have a problem with chapter 6. No problem until test application.

The test application returns details for User and Manager. But impossible to list out of stock items.

I have the error 'java.lang.NullPointerException' on this line :

items = itemLocalHome.findByOutOfStock();

I have verified my ejb-ql query. It seems ok.

Do you have an idea ? Or need more informations ?

Thanks

• 59. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                                    olof

Sorry, but you can ignore my previous message !

I haven't seen that I have an error (can't find item bean) in the beginning of my log...

Sorry !

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next