1 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next 327 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2007 10:57 PM by vashistvishal Go to original post
      • 285. Tutorial finished!
        jaf8252

Hi, i finished the Tusc tutorial. It was harder to finish, due some errors or bad interpretations, but it value the pain.
        If you need some help, tell me.

• 286. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

Hi guys,

It will be good to know what were the issues or error in tutorial as i'm planning to upgrade this with new Eclipse 3.0, lomboz plugin and Jboss 4.0 ..
          Yr feedback will be invaluable.

Also intending to add a chapter on JASS...

And if anybody wants to seee anything else i'm more than happy to aad that.

And yes if anybody interested in contributing to it... plz feel free to contact me on
          j2ee@tusc.com.au

Cheers....
          Vishal.
          http://www.tusc.com.au

• 287. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=53124
            For issues on chapter 9 plz refer this link as well

Cheers...
            Vishal.

• 288. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
              jbosszone

Dear Vishal

I have cleared up to "Create Web Client" in Chapter 9.

For solving my troubles on the "deploy.wsdd"file, what I did are as follows;

1. From the thread info in http://forge.objectweb.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1087&forum_id=360 ,
              added "jboss-j2ee.jar" in JAVA build-path.

2. Also using http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=36910&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270 (javaexpert of 09.Jul.2004),
              modified the "deploy.wsdd",
              from
              parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="au.com.tusc.session.StoreAccessLocalHome"
              parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="au.com.tusc.session.StoreAccessLocal"
              to
              parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="au.com.tusc.session.StoreAccessHome"
              parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="au.com.tusc.session.StoreAccess"

i.e. deleted 'Local'.

3. Furthermore, modified a line;
              from
              parameter name="beanJndiName" value="StoreAccessLocal"
              to
              parameter name="beanJndiName" value="StoreAccessBean"

i.e. changed from 'Local' to 'Bean'.

Best Regards,

jbosszone

• 289. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                anil.saldhana

Vishal,
                have you looked at JBossIDE for eclipse? There is a tutorial that describes building a J2EE app with it.

Maybe you can create one tutorial version for JBossIDE also.

Anil

• 290. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for that, can u plz post that link to me on j2ee@tusc.com.au

Vishal.

• 292. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                    anil.saldhana
                    • 293. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

Hi ....

People having issues with tutorial and can't resolve it from this thread can also follow the lomboz forum on Objectweb site.

http://forge.objectweb.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=360

Cheers....
                      Vishal

• 294. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                        jsoup

Hi Vishal,
                        I am on chapter1 of the tutorial. I am using Eclipse3.0, Lomboz3cr23, Jboss-3.2.5.

Everthing worked fine until deployment of EJBs. But when I get to creation of Test Client, it gives me 'INvalid Thread Access' error. The log shows the folloeing error:

java.lang.Exception: New line delimiter added to new code: 10
                        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.DocumentAdapter.validateLineDelimiters(DocumentAdapter.java:431)
                        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.DocumentAdapter.setContents(DocumentAdapter.java:384)
                        at com.objectlearn.jdt.j2ee.ui.wizards.CreateEJBBusinessMethodWizard.performFinish(CreateEJBBusinessMethodWizard.java:155)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:609)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:305)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:506)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:796)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2772)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2431)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:668)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:648)
                        at com.objectlearn.jdt.j2ee.ui.actions.AddEJBMethodAction.run(AddEJBMethodAction.java:110)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ActionDelegate.runWithEvent(ActionDelegate.java:71)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:266)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:915)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:866)
                        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$7.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:785)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:796)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2772)
                        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2431)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
                        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
                        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
                        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
                        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
                        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

Please Help!

• 295. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                          kpraveena

Hi Vishal,

I am unable to deploy the mybank bean in chapter 1...error are..0:57:40,436 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
                          Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
                          Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
                          [ObjectName: jboss:service=HAJNDI
                          state: FAILED
                          I Depend On: jboss:service=DefaultPartition

Depends On Me: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/regexp/UncheckedRE]

using eclispe 2.1,lomboz.212,jboss-3.2.1

ANY CLASSPATHS REQUIRED AT ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES

• 296. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                            jbosszone

Dear Vishal

For the Tutorial Chapter 9 "Create VB.Net Client", I have used VC#.Net instead of VB.Net and the client is working.

== VB.Net codes in the original tutorial ==
                            "Add the following code for the Sub btnGetID_Click()"
                            Dim strResult As String 'Output result for ID
                            Dim objWebRef As New WebReference.StoreAccessLocalService

'Call loginuser function and display the result ID to the lblOutput control
                            lblOutput.Text = objWebRef.loginUser(TextBoxName.Text, TextBoxPassword.Text)

== my trial with VC#.Net ==
                            // string strResult; (this is not necessary)
                            localhost.StoreAccessService objWebRef = new localhost.StoreAccessService();

// Call loginuser function and display the result ID to the lblOutput control
                            lblOutput.Text = objWebRef.loginUser(TextBoxName.Text, TextBoxPassword.Text);

Regards,

jbosszone

• 297. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.
                              kpraveena

Hi,

I stucked in chap 6..when running an application exception is thrown..Changed jboss.xml and ejb-jar.xml....
                              Error as follows

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: StoreAccessBean not bound
                              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:495)
                              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:503)
                              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:509)
                              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:282)
                              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                              at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
                              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
                              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
                              at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
                              at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:133)
                              at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
                              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:492)
                              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471)
                              at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
                              at au.com.tusc.client.SessionClient.getHome(SessionClient.java:26)
                              at au.com.tusc.client.SessionClient.testBean(SessionClient.java:47)
                              at au.com.tusc.client.SessionClient.main(SessionClient.java:66)

please help me...
                              Praveena

• 298. problems on chapter 3 (StoreAccessDAOImpl)
                                yetang

Hi,

i am new in ejb world. and i found this excellent tutorial. all my thanks and respect to the author(s). i really would like to finish to the end. but i bumped a small problem in chapt3.

system: jboss 3.2.1 eclipse 2.1 lomboz 2.1.2(2.1_02 is no longer avail)

after i inserted @dao.call name="loginUser" into StoreAccessBean, generateed EJB classes for MyStoreMgr, i found StoreAccessDAOImpl is not populated. i expect init() and loginUser() will show in StoreAccessDAOImpl. but it stays as

public class StoreAccessDAOImpl {
                                }

i dont mink add all the lines, but if it should be populated and did not come up, i am worrying maybe something is wrong and might get stuck later on. lomboz 2.1.2 uses xdoclet.xml instead of ejbgenerate.xml. that might be the only reason. but i am not sure.

any help plz?

• 299. Re: Tutorial on J2EE using JBOSS, Eclipse and Lomboz.

i am having problem in first chapter.i am using
                                  eclipse3,lomboz3,jboss3.2.5.Upto deploying module
                                  MyBank is fine.problem is in creating ejbtest client wizard.i am getting following exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
                                  at com.objectlearn.jdt.j2ee.ui.wizards.CreateEJBTestClientWizardPage.packageChanged(CreateEJBTestClientWizardPage.java:408)

could anybody help me.This is an excellent tutorial
                                  i want to compleat it.thanks in advance