1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2003 6:56 AM by quentin Go to original post
      • 60. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
        tcherel

Everything looks correct to me.
        The question is the two JNDI names, queue/MQqueue (in jboss.xml) and QueueConnectionFactory in jms-ds.xml, what object are they refering to? They need to be objects which are instances of the ibm MQ JMS classes (by using the JMSAdmin tool for example, as described in multiple places in this thread).
        If this is already the case, I will aslo suggest to use a different JNDI name than QueueConnectionFactory for the WS MQ connection factory. I believe that this name is already used by JBoss for its own factory.

Thomas

• 61. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
          bcraig

Did you receive an answer to the question about the
          JBOSSMQSeriesProvider java class? I am interested in
          obtaining this handler as well for MQ workflow.

Brent

• 62. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
            pjrmoreira

Hello,

I will reproduce all the steps I've done to see if anyone can help me with my problem. I've tried to this process in both JBoss 3.04 and 3.21 and I have the same problem in both:

1- I copied the following files from the MQSeries java lib directory to the JBoss lib directory:
            com.ibm.mq.jar
            com.ibm.mqjms.jar
            com.ibm.mqbind.jar
            fscontext.jar
            providerutil.jar

2- In jms-service.xml, I've duplicated the org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader mbean with the following content:

MQSeriesJMSProvider
            org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider
            java:/MQQueueConnectionFactory
            java:/MQQueueConnectionFactory

3- In standardjboss.xml, duplicate the Standard Message Driven Bean container configuration, with the following content:

<container-configurations>
            <container-configuration>
            <container-name>Standard Message Driven Bean to MQSeries Message Driven Bean</container-name>
            <call-logging>false</call-logging>
            <container-invoker>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker</container-invoker>
            <container-interceptors>
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor
            <!-- CMT -->

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MetricsInterceptor
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor
            <!-- BMT -->

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenTxInterceptorBMT
            org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MetricsInterceptor org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor
            </container-interceptors>
            <client-interceptors>

org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor
            org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor
            org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor
            org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor

new org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor
            org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor
            org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor
            org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor

</client-interceptors>
            <instance-pool>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstancePool</instance-pool>
            <instance-cache/>
            <persistence-manager/>
            <transaction-manager>org.jboss.tm.TxManager</transaction-manager>
            <container-invoker-conf>
            MQSeriesJMSProvider
            StdJMSPool

queue/DLQ

</container-invoker-conf>
            <container-pool-conf>
            </container-pool-conf>
            </container-configuration>

4- I've modified the JMSAdmin.cfg and register the MQSeries objects in JBoss JNDI
            INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
            PROVIDER_URL=jnp://localhost:1099
            def qcf(MQQueueConnectionFactory) qmanager(qeue_manager) host(localhost) channel(queue_manager_channel) transport(client)
            chg ctx(queue)
            def q(MQRequestQueue) qmanager(qeue_manager) queue(TestQueue)

5-I've created a simple MDB with the following configuration:

jboss.xml

<enterprise-beans>
            <message-driven>
            <ejb-name>MDBTest</ejb-name>
            <destination-jndi-name>queue/MQRequestQueue</destination-jndi-name>
            <configuration-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</configuration-name>
            <resource-ref>
            <res-ref-name>jms/MQRequestQueue</res-ref-name>
            <jndi-name>MQRequestQueue</jndi-name>
            </resource-ref>
            </message-driven>
            </enterprise-beans>

ejb-jar.xml

<enterprise-beans>
            <message-driven>
            <ejb-name>MDBTest</ejb-name>
            <ejb-class>MDBTest</ejb-class>
            <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
            <acknowledge-mode>Auto-acknowledge</acknowledge-mode>
            <message-driven-destination>
            <destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</destination-type>
            </message-driven-destination>
            <resource-ref>
            <res-ref-name>jms/MQRequestQueue</res-ref-name>
            <res-type>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</res-type>
            <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
            </resource-ref>
            </message-driven>
            </enterprise-beans>

6- Whenever I try to deploy my MDB I have the following problem:

12:39:32,641 INFO [EjbModule] Creating
            12:39:32,672 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying MDBTest
            12:39:32,672 INFO [MessageDrivenContainer] Creating
            12:39:32,672 INFO [MessageDrivenInstancePool] Creating
            12:39:32,672 INFO [MessageDrivenInstancePool] Created
            12:39:32,672 INFO [JMSContainerInvoker] Creating
            12:39:32,672 INFO [JMSContainerInvoker] Created
            12:39:32,672 INFO [MessageDrivenContainer] Created
            12:39:32,672 INFO [EjbModule] Created
            12:39:32,688 INFO [EjbModule] Starting
            12:39:32,688 INFO [MessageDrivenContainer] Starting
            12:39:32,704 INFO [JMSContainerInvoker] Starting
            12:39:32,704 INFO [DLQHandler] Creating
            12:39:32,922 INFO [DLQHandler] Created
            12:39:32,922 ERROR [JMSContainerInvoker] Starting failed
            java.lang.ClassCastException
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContaine
            rInvoker.java:540)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContain
            erInvoker.java:579)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:1
            92)
            at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.startService(MessageDrivenContai
            ner.java:220)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:1
            92)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
            java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
            sorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
            at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
            nDispatcher.java:284)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:549)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceControl
            ler.java:966)
            at $Proxy11.start(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:392)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
            sorImpl.java:25)
            at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
            nDispatcher.java:284)
            at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)

(...)

12:39:32,954 INFO [EjbModule] Started
            12:39:32,954 INFO [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/D:/jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24/se
            rver/default/deploy/EJBModule.jar
            12:39:33,000 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed package: file:/D:/jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-
            4.1.24/server/default/deploy/EJBModule.jar
            12:39:33,000 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean ope
            ration 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
            Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
            Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
            [ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=local/MDBTest,service=EJB
            state: FAILED
            I Depend On:
            Depends On Me: java.lang.ClassCastException]

Thanks

Paulo

• 63. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
              sbaishya

pjrmoreira ,

you need to add:

<xa-connection>false<xa-connection>

to the "<message-driven>" section of your jboss.xml file. JBoss expects an XAQueueConnectionFactory if you do not use this undocumented feature, and your JMS JNDI context contains a non-XA QueueConnectionFactory.

Regards,

Stephen Baishya

• 64. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                sbaishya

Has anyone managed to overcome the issue with JBoss not liking an MQSeries queue to be "too full"? I have just upgraded to JBoss 3.2.1 and still get the following when I put 180+ messages onto the input queue for an MDB:

12:43:13,406 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
                12:43:13,406 ERROR [STDERR] at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQSession.run(MQSession.java:807)
                12:43:13,406 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run(StdServerSession.java:179)
                12:43:13,406 ERROR [STDERR] at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:732)
                12:43:13,422 ERROR [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Regards,

Stephen Baishya

• 65. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                  pjrmoreira

Stephen,

After the change I'm still having the problem. I was looking to the JBoss log, and I found the following text:

2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Initializing
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Looking up provider adapter: java:/DefaultJMSProvider
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Provider adapter: org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider@a010ba
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Creating
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] no provider url; connecting to local JNDI
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] created context: javax.naming.InitialContext@198ee2f
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Using factory: org.jboss.mq.SpyXAConnectionFactory@13f5841
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.GenericConnectionFactory] Handing out ClientIL: org.jboss.mq.il.jvm.JVMClientILService
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Created connection: org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection@13d7254
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.referenceable.SpyDestinationObjectFactory] SpyDestinationObjectFactory->getObjectInstance()
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Using Queue: QUEUE.DLQ
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler] Created
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] no provider url; connecting to local JNDI
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] created context: javax.naming.InitialContext@11d20d3
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] context: javax.naming.InitialContext@11d20d3
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] jndiSuffix: MQRequestQueue
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Got destination type Queue for MDBTest
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.ConnectionFactoryHelper] using connection factory: org.jboss.mq.SpyXAConnectionFactory@13f5841
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.ConnectionFactoryHelper] using username/password: null/null
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.GenericConnectionFactory] Handing out ClientIL: org.jboss.mq.il.jvm.JVMClientILService
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.ConnectionFactoryHelper] created XAQueueConnection: org.jboss.mq.SpyXAConnection@1562c67
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Using client id: null
                  2003-06-10 14:33:17,640 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Starting failed

Therefore, I think that the cause of the problem is that JBoss is getting a connection from the Default JMS Provider instead of using one from the MQ Provider. Do you know how can I change this behavior? I was wondering about how does JBoss know that it has to use the connection factory defined in the MQ JMS provider instead of using the Default JMS Provider.

Thanks

Paulo

• 66. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                    pjrmoreira

I found the solution to my problem.

Thanks to all of you

• 67. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                      hfgomes

Hey Paulo,

Please, tell us the solution for this problem.
                      I'm trying to do the same thing here.

Thanks

Handerson

• 68. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                        amapumu

Hello,
                        I solved my problem.
                        The mistake was that I was using jboss-3.2.0_tomcat-4.1.24.
                        I have try my configuration in jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24, in jboss-3.2.2RC1_tomcat-4.1.24, and in jboss-4.0.0DR1_tomcat-4.1.24.
                        And excluding in jboss-4.0.0DR1_tomcat-4.1.24, it run.

I have to say that when I deploy my MQ MDB I recibe few warnings, but the MQ MDB run well.

12:12:15,370 WARN [StdServerSessionPool] Using a non-XA QueueConnection. It will not be able to participate in a Global UOW
                        12:12:15,380 WARN [StdServerSessionPool] Using a non-XA QueueConnection. It will not be able to participate in a Global UOW
                        12:12:15,510 WARN [StdServerSessionPool] Using a non-XA QueueConnection. It will not be able to participate in a Global UOW

Regards,

Mario.

P.D: I am going to try with <xa-connection>false<xa-connection> for these warns.

• 69. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                          sbaishya

The problem with MQSeries and "deep queues" seems to be fixed in 3.2.2RC1.

Stephen Baishya

• 70. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                            amapumu

Hello all,

I have another question...

I have running JBOSS+MQSeries, but when I stop Jboss and then I restart it, I get an error because the objects that I create using JMSAdmin have disappeared.

How I could avoid this error?

Regards.

Mario.

• 71. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                              maeste

I used config posted from Mario and others, but when I deploy an MDB I get this error:

12:52:04,804 INFO [DLQHandler] Creating
                              12:52:04,812 ERROR [DLQHandler] Initialization failed
                              javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating the dlq connection: null
                              at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:152)
                              at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:158)
                              at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:394)
                              at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:579)
                              at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:192)
                              at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.startService(MessageDrivenContainer.java:220)
                              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                              at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
                              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:966)
                              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                              at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
                              at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
                              at $Proxy470.start(Unknown Source)
                              at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.startService(EjbModule.java:329)
                              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:966)
                              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)

Ideas?
                              Thanks a lot for the attention.

Stefano

• 72. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                                quentin

Have you got this to go yet? I seem to be at the very same error.

• 73. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                                  wardl

What is the reliability of a MQSeries/JBoss implementation? I have just started playing with MQ 5.3/JBoss3.0. My application could be processing thousands of messages daily and reliability will be very important. Is this configuration up to the task?

Would a MQSeries /WebLogic be any less sticky?

Thanks for your opinions.

Ward

• 74. Re: MQSeries/JBoss MDB/3rd Party Messaging
                                    quentin

Hard to say since I can't get it to work! I am sure its my mistake but I have spent way too much time on this and I can't get further than the error posted by the poster previous to me. What I can say is that configuration is far from straightforward. If its production then at the very least you'll need to have a tested out disaster recovery setup. You won't be able to get by with any "just install MQ and jboss" plan.