1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 6:25 PM by rathinaganesh Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
        salaboy21

with witch ldap server are you working?
        and what schema are you using?
        Beacause you must set the next variables:

<property name="username">cn=admin,dc=nodomain</property>

<property name="password">password</property>

<property name="identityOu">People</property>

<property name="roleOu">roles</property>

where roles and People must be and OperationUnit (OU) in your schema.

• 16. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
          aamonten

Yes, it is hard coded at org.jboss.security.idm.ldap.LDAPIdentityProvider, this is the snippet where the active property is setted:

String cour = rs.getString("sn");
           boolean active = (new Boolean(cour)).booleanValue();
           String pass = rs.getString("userPassword");
           String givenName = rs.getString("givenName");
           String companyName = rs.getString("o");
           String companyRole = rs.getString("employeeType");
           String companyTitle = rs.getString("title");
           String postalAddress = rs.getString("postalAddress");

//populate the identity
           identity = new Identity();
           identity.setUserName(cn);
           identity.setPassword(pass.getBytes());
           identity.setActive(active);

At this moment Mauricio (Salaboy21) and I are working on adding features and fixing bugs, so we will consider these, but need to discuss it with Sohil Shah who is the owner of the project.
          I will contact him.

• 17. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
            yyovkov

I am currently trying to setup Fedora Directory Server. But also have tested with OpenLDAP. Yes, the fields are setup properly, I checked the LDAP logs and the server responds correctly ...
            But Web Application does not understand. Did you succeed to login in test app?

• 18. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
              salaboy21

Yes... with openldap and opends.. with diferent configurations.
              Here is my schema for open ldap.

# Base
              dn: dc=nodomain
              dc: foo
              objectClass: top
              objectClass: dcObject
              objectClass: organization
              o: No Domain

# People ou where we attach the users
              dn: ou=People, dc=nodomain
              ou: People
              objectClass: organizationalUnit

# A basic inetOrgPerson
              dn: cn=user,ou=People, dc=nodomain
              sn: true
              userPassword: secret
              mail: user@foo.bar
              displayName: user
              objectClass: person
              objectClass: organizationalPerson
              objectClass: inetOrgPerson
              uid: test
              cn: user

# The ou where we attach roles/groups
              dn: ou=roles, dc=nodomain
              ou: roles
              objectClass: organizationalUnit

# A test group member of roles ou
              dn: cn=TestGroup,ou=roles, dc=nodomain
              ou: TestGroup
              objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
              uniqueMember: cn=user,ou=People
              cn: TestGroup

Also i remember that i must explode the jboss-sso-test.ear and change the configuration in the jboss-sso-test.ear/META-INF/security-config.xml

to:
              <login-module code="org.jboss.security.idm.UsernameAndPasswordLoginModule" flag="sufficient">

<module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>

<module-option name="password-stacking">useFirstPass</module-option>

<!--module-option name="hashAlgorithm">SHA-1</module-option-->

<module-option name="hashUserPassword">false</module-option>
               <module-option name="hashStorePassword">false</module-option>

<module-option name="authenticatedRoles">Authenticated,RegisteredUsers</module-option>

</login-module>

Hope it helps! Let me know if you have some troubles!

• 19. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                aamonten

"yyovkov" wrote:
                I am currently trying to setup Fedora Directory Server. But also have tested with OpenLDAP. Yes, the fields are setup properly, I checked the LDAP logs and the server responds correctly ...
                But Web Application does not understand. Did you succeed to login in test app?

Yes we did it both with OpenLDAP and OpenDS.. please look at your log file if there should be any problems.

JBOSS_HOME/server/default/logs/server.log

• 20. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                  yyovkov

First, thank you for your attention.

Here is the log from jboss server, during unsuccessful login:
                  --- cut ---
                  Apr 2008 00:14:13>
                  2008-04-05 00:14:13,931 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLogger] AtomicActionRecoveryModule: Second pass
                  2008-04-05 00:14:13,931 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.txoj.logging.txojLoggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.txoj.recovery.TORecoveryModule_6] - TORecoveryModule - second pass
                  2008-04-05 00:14:13,931 DEBUG [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.info.secondpass] Local XARecoveryModule - second pass
                  --- cut ---

And here is the LDAP log:
                  --- cut --
                  05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=0 BIND dn="cn=Directory Manager" method=128 version=3
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97 nentries=0 etime=0 dn="cn=directory manager"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=1 SRCH base="cn=Test User,ou=People,dc=yyovkov,dc=net" scope=2 filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="cn"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=2 UNBIND
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=66 op=2 fd=67 closed - U1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 fd=68 slot=68 connection from 127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=0 BIND dn="cn=Directory Manager" method=128 version=3
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97 nentries=0 etime=0 dn="cn=directory manager"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=1 SRCH base="cn=Test User,ou=People,dc=yyovkov,dc=net" scope=2 filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="cn sn userPassword givenName displayName o employeeType title postalAddress mail telephoneNumber"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=2 UNBIND
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=67 op=2 fd=68 closed - U1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 fd=67 slot=67 connection from 127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=0 BIND dn="cn=Directory Manager" method=128 version=3
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97 nentries=0 etime=0 dn="cn=directory manager"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=1 SRCH base="cn=Test User,ou=People,dc=yyovkov,dc=net" scope=2 filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="cn"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=2 UNBIND
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=68 op=2 fd=67 closed - U1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 fd=68 slot=68 connection from 127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.1
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=0 BIND dn="cn=Directory Manager" method=128 version=3
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=97 nentries=0 etime=0 dn="cn=directory manager"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=1 SRCH base="cn=Test User,ou=People,dc=yyovkov,dc=net" scope=2 filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="cn sn userPassword givenName displayName o employeeType title postalAddress mail telephoneNumber"
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=1 etime=0
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=2 UNBIND
                  [05/Apr/2008:00:14:03 +0300] conn=69 op=2 fd=68 closed - U1

--- cut ---

• 21. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                    yyovkov

Hm ... I think I found where is the problem. The user: cn=user... doesn't have sufficient rights to read the directory. So I will change settings into directory Tree and will post result here. Probably tomorrow.

Thank you for your help!

• 22. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                      soshah

Alejandro and Mauricio are correct.

The LDAPIdentityProvider is designed to use the InetOrgPerson schema which is standard LDAP schema.

However, I think the use of cn and sn in its current implementation is not correct.

I would prefer to use uid instead of cn, and still not sure how to represent the "activation" field.

using sn is confusing.

I initially used these, since the LDAP repo that I was connecting with had the data setup that way.

However, its time the out-of-the-box LDAP impl moves away from that semantics and uses uid and something else for representing "account activation"

Part of the reason I have not changed it, is also keeping backward compatibility with existing users who have setup their LDAP repo based on this impl.

I think the cleanest approach will be leave this LDAPIdentityProvider impl as is, and introduce a new one that maps the data in a more standard manner.

I apologize for the confusion that the hackish usage of 'sn' created ;)

If I were Hillary Clinton then I would say "I mis-coded" ;)

Thanks

• 23. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                        soshah

Guys-

You can track this issue here: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSSO-37

Until then when using the out-of-the-box impl make sure the 'sn' field in your repo is used to represent "true' or "false" value that indicates whether an account is activated or not.

You can ofcourse create your own IdentityProvider or extend this to fit whatever schema you have set up in your environment

Thanks

• 24. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                          yyovkov

Hi all,

I believe I found where is the problem with jboss sso and Fedora Directory Server (FDS). Here is some short explanation:

When using LDAP and you set user password, OpenLDAP server store the password as plaintext. But FDS always store this value as hashed string (SSHA, MD5 ... so on). So it means that Authentication module should be aware of how the password is stored.

Btw, is JBoss SSO is actively developing or not?

• 25. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                            salaboy21

change the configuration in the jboss-sso-test.ear/META-INF/security-config.xml

<login-module code="org.jboss.security.idm.UsernameAndPasswordLoginModule" flag="sufficient">

<!--module-option name="hashAlgorithm">SHA-1</module-option-->

<module-option name="hashUserPassword">false</module-option>

<module-option name="authenticatedRoles">Authenticated,RegisteredUsers</module-option>

</login-module>

Pay attention to the hashAlgorithm, hashUserPassword and hashStoredPassword. Here is where you specified what password need to be hashed and what algorithm you must use...
                            This file is under the jboss-sso-test.ear .. so you must explode the file to change it easily.

• 26. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                              aamonten

take a look at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133123 If you have doubts about how to use it, please do not post it at the "Design of security" forum, do it here.

• 27. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                                yyovkov

Hi Salaboy,

thank you for the information about test application.
                                Unfortunately I did not succeed.
                                As I am very beginner in Java at all can you introduce me how does the settings must look like when the LDAP is setup to store the passwords in MD5 hash?

Thank you in advance!

• 28. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                                  salaboy21

If you are use Fedora DS and it only save the password in a MD5, try to configurate it to store it in Plain format...
                                  Today, i´m doing the integration with openDS and I found a bug with hashed passwords in a crossdomain test...

If you are trying only to sign up in one domain your configuration in the test application will be something like this:

<!--module-option name="hashAlgorithm">MD5</module-option-->

<module-option name="hashUserPassword">true</module-option>

</login-module>

Note the value of hashUserPassword(true) , that cause if you in the form enter the password in plain text the LoginModule hash this password with the specified algorithm and then compare it with the Fedora DS stored password.

Let me know if this configuration work for you!

• 29. Re: Single Sign On with LDAP  Examples
                                    yyovkov

Hi salaboy21,

here is my security-config.xml
                                    --- cut ---
                                    <?xml version='1.0'?>
                                    <!DOCTYPE policy PUBLIC
                                    "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS Security Config 3.0//EN"
                                    "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/security_config.dtd">

<!-- The JAAS login configuration file for the java:/jaas/jbossweb-form-auth
                                    security domain used by the security-spec test case
                                    -->

<application-policy name="jboss-sso">

<!--module-option name="hashAlgorithm">MD5</module-option>
                                    <module-option name="hashEncoding">HEX</module-option-->

<module-option name="hashUserPassword">true</module-option>

</login-module>
                                    </login-module>

</application-policy>

--- cut ---

I am still not able to connect to FedoraDS. I have also tried to connect to OpenLDAP server, but with changed password of the user to be MD5 hashed, not playntext. It also did not work.