1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 75 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2008 2:35 PM by sait Go to original post
      • 60. Re: Download JBDS or
        maxandersen

another one: if there are some plugins you think we should include in JBDS (like svn, aptana etc.) or integrate better with in JBoss Tools then let us know in this forum or jira - of course patches is the best way to get it in there.

• 61. Re: Download JBDS or

There is a page that compare the features of RHDS with JBoss Tools?

RedHat example:
          http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/compare

I don't like this policy to sell the RHDS!!! It should have one package free and one package paid.

free -> software
          paid -> support, feature request, priority in 'bug report', discount in others products, ...

So it would be good for the community and good for RedHat.

• 62. Re: Download JBDS or
            maxandersen

I already listed what the differences are at http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/JBossTools20GAGoesFinal and as I also said before there are *zero* differences between the plugins.

If you think the community should have a version with the community versions of the bundled software then standup and contribute the work needed to do that - be a community and not just consumers.

• 63. Re: Download JBDS or

Max yes ... I want to be part of the community and not just consumers.
              I already have a project (Open Source) is a Eclipse plugin.
              If you need help, I will send a mail to you.

• 64. Re: Download JBDS or
                maxandersen

The best thing you can do is look in jira and see if there is something you can help out with
                or if there is something you feel that should be done and do it.

Feel free to use the forum or jboss tools dev mailing list to discuss what you are interested in
                working on.

• 65. Re: Download JBDS or
                  tpatter

"max.andersen@jboss.com" wrote:

About Netbeans then there you need to download Netbeans, JBoss, Seam and the Seam plugin...the exact same number of downloads as you need for Eclipse...Eclipse, JBoss, Seam and the Seam plugin.

Well, similarly complex (meaning overly complex for sure). I want the complete tool, not a bunch of plugins that all have to be compatible versions as well as configured in the correct way in order to fully work.

No-one has time for that anymore and, even if they did, its a total waste of time that adds NO value whatsoever.

I will pay the $99 to get the configured solution that works out of the box, but I don't think that most will.

• 66. Re: Download JBDS or
                    pdhaigh

Is the $99 one-off, or annual?

It's not exactly clear.....

• 67. Re: Download JBDS or
                      maxandersen

"tpatter" wrote:

I will pay the $99 to get the configured solution that works out of the box,

thanks and I hope you find it worthwhile.

but I don't think that most will.

...maybe not, but then they got the option that has always been around; configure their environment for free (with the price of the time it takes to set it up) - we just provide the choice.

• 68. Re: Download JBDS or
                        maxandersen

"pdhaigh" wrote:
                        Is the $99 one-off, or annual?

It's not exactly clear.....

It's an annual subscription.

The software will keep working forever - but to get new versions/updates the subscription is needed.

• 69. Re: Download JBDS or
                          efrinmn

What support is provided for JBoss EAP in JBDS? I was under the impression that in order to get JBoss EAP you had to purchase the subscription (ie support service)....

• 70. Re: Download JBDS or
                            maxandersen

contact sales on the JBDS site to get the exact info, but afaik there is no SLA on EAP as part of JBDS. For that you get the dev subscription.

• 71. Re: Download JBDS or
                              sait

I was trying to buy JBoss Developer Studio with my credit card yesterday But there was an error occured during selling operation. I tried to buy the product 3 times. But each time, I could not finish the operation. Each time, I entered my credit card informations correctly and checked them. But system showed the same error: "Transaction declined. Please confirm that your billing address matched the billing address for the credit card you provided". Then I called my credit card support center. They told me that $99 had been taken from my credit card! . The operation has taken my money but it has been canceled without finishing correctly . I have checked redhat.com to see my "Order History" but nothing has been logged. Where is my JBoss Developer Studio??? Please help me to solve this problem.

• 72. Re: Download JBDS or
                                maxandersen

sorry to hear about that.

As said before, use the contact info on the actual online store - this forum is for technical issues/questions about the product. If you have issues with creditcard or some download issues on the store use the contact info on the store.

Thanks.

• 73. Re: Download JBDS or
                                  sait

I have sent an email to customerservice-emea@redhat.com but no reply has been sent yet. Please show me the way to solve my problem. If I could not solve this problem, I would not use JBDS :((((

• 74. Re: Download JBDS or
                                    maxandersen

i've pinged them, but since I don't have access to those systems I can't help more than that.