3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 3:52 AM by sreekanth.munarai

RHQ in Windows

sreekanth.munarai

Hi All,

I tried to install rhq-server-4.13.1 in windows , using JBOSS7.1.1AS and JDK6.

Using oracle 11g as database, created user RHQADMIN to provide access to DB and started thru cmd as "rhqctl install" server

started as below:

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m

11:39:19,359 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.3.0.Final-redhat-2

11:39:20,279 INFO  [org.rhq.server.control.command.Install] Preparing to install RHQ storage node.

"Starting RHQ Storage Installer ..."

11:39:21,122 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.3.0.Final-redhat-2

11:39:21,263 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Running RHQ Storage Node installer...

11:39:21,310 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Checking perms for ../../../rhq-data/saved_caches

11:39:21,310 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Checking perms for ../../../rhq-data/commit_log

11:39:21,310 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Checking perms for ../../../rhq-data/data

11:39:21,310 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Unzipping storage node to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage

11:39:21,778 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Applying configuration changes to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage\conf\cassandra

.yaml

11:39:21,887 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Applying configuration changes to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage\conf\log4j-ser

ver.properties

11:39:21,918 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Applying configuration changes to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage\conf\cassandra

-jvm.properties

11:39:21,934 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Applying configuration changes to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage\..\bin\wrapper

\rhq-storage-wrapper.env

11:39:21,965 INFO  [org.rhq.cassandra.Deployer] Updating file permissions in D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-storage\bin

11:39:21,965 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Updating rhq-server.properties...

11:39:23,198 INFO  [org.rhq.storage.installer.StorageInstaller] Installation of the storage node is complete

and ended as:

======================================

ANT target [(default)]

Sat Feb 13 11:43:12 IST 2016

======================================

[header-for-install] [echo]

===== RHQ AGENT INSTALL =====

Installing Agent To: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ

Version: 4.13.1

Build Number: f37fe58

Jar File: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\modules\org\rhq\server-startup\main\deployments\rhq.ear\rhq-downloads\rhq-agent\rhq-enterprise-age

nt-4.13.1.jar

[install] [echo] Extract the agent distro zip from the agent update binary

[install] [unjar] Expanding: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\modules\org\rhq\server-startup\main\deployments\rhq.ear\rhq-downloads\rhq-agent

\rhq-enterprise-agent-4.13.1.jar into D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1

[install] [echo] Unzip the agent distro into the new installation directory

[install] [unzip] Expanding: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-enterprise-agent-4.13.1.zip into D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ

[install] [echo] chmod +x on executables under D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ/rhq-agent

[install] [echo] Remove the agent distro zip

[install] [delete] Deleting: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-server-4.13.1\rhq-enterprise-agent-4.13.1.zip

[install] [echo] DONE! Agent version 4.13.1 (build number=f37fe58) has been installed to D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ

11:43:15,562 INFO  [org.rhq.server.control.command.Install] The agent installer finished running with exit value 0

11:43:15,594 INFO  [org.rhq.server.control.command.Install] Configuring the RHQ agent with default configuration file: D:\Sreekanth\MonitorTool\RHQ\rhq-age

nt\conf\agent-configuration.xml

11:43:17,887 INFO  [org.rhq.server.control.command.Install] Finished configuring the agent

11:43:17,902 INFO  [org.rhq.server.control.command.Install] Updating RHQ Agent Service...

The RHQ Agent [rhqagent-BOM3-GTS179] service is not installed - The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (0x424)

The RHQ Agent [rhqagent-BOM3-GTS179] service is not installed - The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (0x424)

RHQ Agent [rhqagent-BOM3-GTS179] service installed.

Stopping the RHQ Server [rhqserver-BOM3-GTS179] service...

Waiting to stop...

RHQ Server [rhqserver-BOM3-GTS179] service stopped.

Stopping the RHQ Storage [rhqstorage-BOM3-GTS179] service...

RHQ Storage [rhqstorage-BOM3-GTS179] service stopped.

RHQ storage node has stopped

i have seen two more files been created naming "rhq-agent and rhq-data". Have no idea how to proceed ahead. can anyone please help me to resolve this?Please advice.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

• 1. Re: RHQ in Windows
          sreekanth.munarai

Hi All,

However, i have succeed installing the "rhq storage, rhq agent, rhq server" and services of the same are installed.I tried to start the agent thru cmd but it throwing the below error:

Agent will be restarted soon to see if the failure condition cleared up

RHQ 4.13.1 [f37fe58] (Fri Jan 16 22:26:04 IST 2015)

Failed to start the agent

java.io.IOException: SocketServerInvoker[192.168.51.170:16163] error creating ServerSocket[192.168.51.170:16163]: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketServerInvoker.createServerSockets(SocketServerInvoker.java:375)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketServerInvoker.start(SocketServerInvoker.java:251)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector.start(Connector.java:376)

at org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer.setupServerConnector(ServiceContainer.java:1277)

at org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer.start(ServiceContainer.java:596)

at org.rhq.enterprise.communications.ServiceContainer.start(ServiceContainer.java:514)

at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.startCommServices(AgentMain.java:2524)

at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:715)

at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:461)

Agent will be restarted soon to see if the failure condition cleared up--------------------------------------------Even though i have changed the port to 16164

But i'm able to start all the above services thru services of windows. Even i'm able to access the dashboard of RHQ thru url: htttp://localhost:7080/

I want to add nodes of the servers where my JBoss in running. I have no idea how to proceed further. Please share your advises/suggestions.

• 2. Re: RHQ in Windows
            pathduck

Hello.

The documentation for BindException (Java Platform SE 7 ) states: "Signals that an error occurred while attempting to bind a socket to a local address and port. Typically, the port is in use, or the requested local address could not be assigned."

So either:

1: A process is already running, if so your Agent is already started. Use a tool like CurrPorts: Monitoring TCP/IP network connections on Windows to find running Java processes responding to port 16163. There should be no need to change the port.

2: The process is unable to bind to the interface defined by the IP 92.168.51.170. Check your network interfaces and make sure you can ping your the IP 92.168.51.170, also make sure you can ping both localhost and 127.0.0.1. If not something is wrong with your network setup. As you are able to access the UI through localhost I assume the IP it tries to bind is not configured correctly.

Stian

• 3. Re: RHQ in Windows
              sreekanth.munarai

Thanks Stian Lund for your suggestions and advice. RHQ project is on hold for a while. Will go thru your findings/advises and will update you. Thanks!