0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 10:07 PM by jumapico

[REQUEST] Demo project that works with jboss as 5.1 remote - arquillian 1.1.11.Final

jumapico

Hi all!

Someone can help me with a working demo project that works with jboss as 5.1 remote?

I follow the Getting Started · Arquillian Guides but the project can't work with jboss as 5.1 (It works with wildfly 9.0.2).

I use the following code: arquillian-examples/arquillian-tutorial at fb2060acb0c4c4711da4efeb6960ea45f15b4926 · arquillian/arquillian-examples · G…

with a modified pom to use a more recent versions of the dependencies (arquillian 1.1.11.Final for example).

I attach the modified pom with two added profiles: arquillian-wildfly-remote (for use with wildfly 9.0.2 - working) and arquillian-jbossas-remote (for use with jboss as 5.1 - not working). Here is an extract with the arquillian-jbossas-remote profile:

<profile>

<id>arquillian-jbossas-remote</id>

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.spec</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-javaee-6.0</artifactId>

<version>3.0.3.Final</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.container</groupId>

<artifactId>arquillian-jbossas-remote-5.1</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0.CR3</version>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.jbossas</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-as-client</artifactId>

<version>5.1.0.GA</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

<artifactId>slf4j-simple</artifactId>

<version>1.7.13</version>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

</profile>

I attach too the output of the console (mvn clean test -Parquillian-jbossas-remote) and the jboss console output

Here is the extract of the maven error@@:

Running org.arquillian.example.GreeterTest

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.709 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.arquillian.example.GreeterTest

should_create_greeting(org.arquillian.example.GreeterTest)  Time elapsed: 0.188 sec  <<< ERROR!

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.arquillian.example.GreeterTest.should_create_greeting(GreeterTest.java:50)

Results :

Tests in error:

GreeterTest.should_create_greeting:50 NullPointer

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0

and here an extract of the jboss error

23:50:31,105 INFO  [DeployHandler] Handle stream, deploymentTarget: names=[test.ear], copyContent=true, description=file:/tmp/arquillian1967875786272177745test.ear/test.ear

23:50:31,270 INFO  [DeployHandler] End handle stream, repositoryName: vfszip:/home/jmpc/workspace-jee/SERVERS/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/test.ear/

23:50:31,279 INFO  [DeployHandler] Begin start, [test.ear]

23:50:31,575 INFO  [WebBeansBootstrap] Web Beans 1.0.0.PREVIEW1

23:50:31,731 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/arquillian-protocol

23:50:31,750 INFO  [DeployHandler] End start, [vfszip:/home/jmpc/workspace-jee/SERVERS/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/test.ear/]

23:50:32,256 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name from non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaType:java.lang.String}, value=null

23:50:32,260 WARN  [AbstractManagedObjectPopulator] Cannot create String name from non-Simple property: ManagedProperty{JNDIName,JNDIName,metaType=SimpleMetaType:java.lang.String}, value=null

23:50:33,565 INFO  [DeployHandler] Stop, [test.ear]

23:50:33,566 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] undeploy, ctxPath=/arquillian-protocol

23:50:33,587 INFO  [DeployHandler] End stop, [vfszip:/home/jmpc/workspace-jee/SERVERS/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/test.ear/]

23:50:33,597 INFO  [DeployHandler] Remove, [test.ear]

Greetings,

JMPC.

NOTE: the usage of jboss as 5.1 is a requirement, i can't change it.