2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 7:06 AM by ramiseesniblic

JBoss EAP6 shutdown order

ramiseesniblic

Hello.

I have a application (ear file) that depends on Infinispan and HornetQ internally when running.  The issue that I am having is that if I shutdown JBoss (using the jboss-cli) I get the following error and JBoss never terminates:

WARN  [org.jgroups.protocols.TCP] (Thread-6 (HornetQ-scheduled-threads-1238359812)) null: logical address cache didn't contain all physical address, sending up a discovery request

I am working on the assumption that my application is still attempting to process messages at the same time that JBoss is shutting down.

Q. Is there anyway to prevent JBoss from unbinding resources until my application has un-deployed? 

----

In the log I can see that my application (with a Runtime shut-down hook) is called but then JBoss immediately unbinds my data source:

2016-01-27 11:47:58,471 INFO  [stdout] (Thread-277) Shutdown started <--- OUTPUT FROM MY APPLICATION CODE

2016-01-27 11:47:58,509 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS010410: Unbound JCA ConnectionFactory [java:jboss/....]

2016-01-27 11:47:58,515 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-16) JBAS010410: Unbound JCA AdminObject [java:jboss/....]

2016-01-27 11:47:58,517 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBAS010410: Unbound JCA AdminObject [java:jboss/....]

2016-01-27 11:47:58,519 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBWEB003075: Coyote HTTP/1.1 pausing on: http-/0.0.0.0:8082

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP6 shutdown order
          wdfink

Unfortunately there are some issues where the shutdown did not wait correct for every other (needed) subsystem, so it can happen that a resource is already removed but needed.

This should be solved with the 'graceful' shutdown feature of EAP7 / WildFly.

Note that you need to shutdown with a timeout to enable that feature, otherwise the shutdown behave the same as EAP6/AS7.

Could you try this (EAP7 Beta is available)?

• 2. Re: JBoss EAP6 shutdown order
            ramiseesniblic

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to upgrade currently but I beleive that I have found a work around using JBoss-cli to stop messages being delivered to the MDBs. This has, for the moment resolved the issue.

I will endeavour to test with a newer version of JBoss but I feel that it will involve some "fighting" with the standalone configuration and deployment structure of my application.