1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 5:22 AM by bmajsak

Arquillian with java 8?

kavcnik

I write simple test in an existing maven project, but I always get an eroor: Could not create new instance of class org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor. I look many forum and test the solution but isn't  work. I run application on glassfish. In Starter Guide i read that there is a problem with javaee in maven .

"The org.jboss.spec:jboss-javaee-6.0 artifact is comprised of only standard Java EE 6 APIs. We stronglyrecommend that you do not use the Java EE API artifact with coordinates javax:javaee-api. The latter artifact contains classes with stripped method bodies, which will cause your application to throw obscure Absent Code errors if present on the classpath at runtime (even when running tests). Read this FAQ for more details."

this FAQ gives a solution with jboss but there is no with java 8, because i use strem function which comes in java.

Thanks for the proposals

• 1. Re: Arquillian with java 8?
          bmajsak

Hi Damjan,

if you haven't fixed your problem yet, I'm here to help.

The quote you included has nothing to do with Java 8 per se. It's only about using correct APIs as your "provided" dependencies when you program using Java EE 6.

Can you give us a bit more details about the test, more complete error log, your build configuration as well as any other environment details which are relevant (eg. Glassfish version you are using).

From the error I can only guess it's not really a problem of using Java 8, but more likely Arquillian setup is wrong and you cannot even run the test.

Cheers,

Bartosz