1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 7:27 AM by bmajsak

A complaint in regards to Glassfish Remote and Glassfish Managed.

cheekynuss

Hello members of the Arquillian Community.

I want to say that while Arquillian is great when it works, it is very terrible when it does a half-assed job.

By that I mean, the container adapters Glassfish Remote and Glassfish Managed have issues in regards to execution speed of the tests or if it even executes the job in the first place.

When I use Glassfish Remote without configuring any settings (and already have my server up an running), the tests returns in an acceptable amount of time of 5 seconds.

But when I try to configure GF Remote with the 'target' property. It either takes 3 minutes to run the same tests, or just breaks down and gives an error.

I haven't really configured GF Managed aside from 'glassfishHome', but it still suffers from issues of test execution time. My hypothesis is that will probably break if I try to give it some more non-default settings.

EDIT1:

As some more experimentation, my initial assumptions about the test being fast for the GF Remote adapter on default settings were wrong.

It also turns out that it took over 2 minutes to run the first set of test, although subsequent executions of the same set of tests took only 5 seconds.

I then modified my single test class to have 10 times more tests. The performance time barely increased. However, if I added a second test class for a grand total of two test classes in my entire project, then my elapsed time doubled.

So I want to ask does Arquillian have a performance bottleneck somewhere in its test execution? Some existing threads are pointing towards archive deployment as the culprit.