3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 10:41 AM by michpetrov

using rich:contextMenu in action column to navigate to another page causes render issues

arnieaustin

So, I have a list page with a data grid. The last column, "action" had a drop down menu in it and onhover would appear a menu of edit or view. Choosing either, navigates one to the edit page.

On the edit page, there is a tab control with 8 tabs. When I replicated this layout (list view to edit view) on certain tabs, it would never open the modal panel. So I tried rich:contextMenu instead. It worked.

Wanting things to be consistent, I changed the drop down on the first list page, to a rich:contextMenu as well. The associated action and page navigation still worked; except that now the edit page is not rendered right.

The tabs of the tab page are just text with no graphics or container. The rich:fileUpload which was configured with a minimal UI and hidden, is shown and everything is hapzardly rendered, not complete.

As a test, I changed the JSF page navigation from the list page to the edit page by adding the redirect tag.

Things render correctly again.

What could be going on and why?