1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2015 9:44 AM by jbertram

Large Message Exception what can i do ?

xxlooperxx

Hi guys

Since about a week we are getting this LageMessageException on one of our servers. As i don't want to simply delete this message because i don't want to lose some informations i am asking what i can do?

Are there any tools to "look" inside that hornetQ or to inspect some messages in such a queue ?

We are running on a Jboss Wildfly and it is kind of a TextMessage (JSON)

2015-11-18 08:32:02,619 ERROR [org.hornetq.ra] (Thread-1995 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-1178712434)) HQ154004: Failed to deliver message: HornetQLargeMessageException[errorType=LARGE_MESSAGE_ERROR_BODY message=HQ119028: Timeout waiting for LargeMessage Body]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.LargeMessageControllerImpl.waitCompletion(LargeMessageControllerImpl.java:372) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.LargeMessageControllerImpl.saveBuffer(LargeMessageControllerImpl.java:319) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientLargeMessageImpl.checkBuffer(ClientLargeMessageImpl.java:186) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientLargeMessageImpl.checkCompletion(ClientLargeMessageImpl.java:89) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQMessage.doBeforeReceive(HornetQMessage.java:968) [hornetq-jms-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQTextMessage.doBeforeReceive(HornetQTextMessage.java:129) [hornetq-jms-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQMessageHandler.onMessage(HornetQMessageHandler.java:310) [hornetq-ra-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl.callOnMessage(ClientConsumerImpl.java:1116) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl.access$500(ClientConsumerImpl.java:56) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl$Runner.run(ClientConsumerImpl.java:1251) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at org.hornetq.utils.OrderedExecutorFactory$OrderedExecutor$1.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:104) [hornetq-core-client-2.4.1.Final.jar:]         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

• 1. Re: Large Message Exception what can i do ?
          jbertram

I take it you are receiving this exception on the client which is attempting to consume the large message from the server.  Is that correct?  If so, it looks like there may be some kind of communication problem between the client and the server.  Is your network connection between the two reliable?

In any case, the server hosting the message will have stored that message in a file on disk wherever you have configured the broker to store its data.  Each large message is stored in its own file.  You can look at the file corresponding to your message in a hex editor to inspect its contents if you like.