2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 1:14 PM by vwjugow

One request for the favicon for every request to erraiBus

vwjugow

Hi, I have an application that uses Errai (currently 3.2.0.Final version)

While having the chrome development tools open and checking the network tab, we've noticed that we have several requests for our favicon.ico file. While investigating this issue I also noticed that the amount of these requests is the same as our requests to the ErraiBus (or comes very close).

Is it possible to prevent this ?

In the pictures you'll see that the amount of requests of both urls are the same.

Thanks in advanced.

screenshot14.pngscreenshot15.png

screenshot17.png

• 1. Re: One request for the favicon for every request to erraiBus
          mbarkley

Hi Victor,

I'm unable to reproduce this problem in our demos. If there is a connection between the requests for favicon and bus messages, it looks like favicons are loaded after each bus request completes. Can you tell me anything about what these bus requests are doing on the client side? Are you perhaps navigating to a different url? Maybe you're using code splitting and these favicon downloads happen from code fragments being loaded into iframes?

I'm not really sure what's going on here, but I think there must be some other action coinciding with a bus request finishing that causes this.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: One request for the favicon for every request to erraiBus
            vwjugow

Hi Max, thanks for the quick response.

We don't have the application inside an iframe, and we don't navigate on those requests. We use the bus for several things, a heartbeat, sending messages and do stuff about that, etc. Ok, I'll keep digging into this then. Let me know if you have any other clue on why the requests could be doing this.

Thanks again,

V