2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 4:15 AM by mylos78

Infinispan Server - no caches or containers available ?

mylos78

Hi all!

I've just downloaded infinispan-server-8.1 Beta and wanted to test some features. I remember using the script startServer.sh to start the remote server and connect from remote Hot Rod Clients. Now I cannot find that script any more in release 8.

So I have started the server with:

standalone.sh

However once connected to the server with the ispn-cli I can see that no container nor caches are available:

[standalone@localhost:9990 /] container

The same also with the web console. I can see no caches available. However the configuration file does have some caches configured:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:infinispan:server:core:8.1" default-cache-container="local">
         <cache-container name="local" default-cache="default" statistics="true">
          . . . .
         </cache-container>
      </subsystem>

How do I start a remote server and connect to its caches in release 8 ??

Thanks

• 1. Re: Infinispan Server - no caches or containers available ?
          nadirx

The layout of subsystems has changed in Infinispan 8, and this has caused a regression in the server CLI (tracking it with https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-5952)

You can however get to the containers and caches as follows (you can use tab completion at any stage):

Standalone mode

$ ./bin/ispn-cli.sh
          You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.
          [disconnected /] connect
          [standalone@localhost:9990 /] cd subsystem=datagrid-infinispan/cache-container=local
          [standalone@localhost:9990 cache-container=local] cd local-cache=namedCache
          [standalone@localhost:9990 local-cache=namedCache]

Domain mode

$ ./bin/ispn-cli.sh
          You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.
          [disconnected /] connect
          [domain@localhost:9990 /] cd profile=clustered/subsystem=datagrid-infinispan/cache-container=clustered
          [domain@localhost:9990 cache-container=clustered] cd distributed-cache=namedCache
          [domain@localhost:9990 distributed-cache=namedCache]

Note that in domain mode the above will take you to the profile definition of your cache. To get information about statistics and such, you need to go to a specific node:

$ ./bin/ispn-cli.sh
          [disconnected /] connect
          [domain@localhost:9990 /] cd host=master/server=server-one
          [domain@localhost:9990 server=server-one] cd subsystem=datagrid-infinispan/cache-container=clustered/distributed-cache=namedCache
          [domain@localhost:9990 distributed-cache=namedCache] ls
          backup                                  cache-rebalancing-status=COMPLETE        clusterwide-misses=0                    configuration=namedCache                remove-hits=0                           
          transaction                              cache-status=RUNNING                    clusterwide-number-of-entries=0          evictions=0                              remove-misses=0                         
          activations=0                            clusterwide-activations=0                clusterwide-number-of-locks-available=0  hit-ratio=0.0                            replication-count=2                     
          average-read-time=0                      clusterwide-average-read-time=0          clusterwide-number-of-locks-held=0      hits=0                                  replication-failures=0                 
          average-remove-time=0                    clusterwide-average-remove-time=0        clusterwide-passivations=0              invalidations=0                          rollbacks=0                             
          average-replication-time=11              clusterwide-average-write-time=0        clusterwide-read-write-ratio=0.0        misses=0                                stores=0                               
          average-write-time=0                    clusterwide-cache-loader-loads=0        clusterwide-remove-hits=0                number-of-entries=0                      success-ratio=1.0                       
          cache-availability=AVAILABLE            clusterwide-cache-loader-misses=0        clusterwide-remove-misses=0              number-of-locks-available=0              time-since-reset=14                     
          cache-loader-loads=0                    clusterwide-cache-loader-stores=0        clusterwide-stores=0                    number-of-locks-held=0                  time-since-start=14                     
          cache-loader-misses=0                    clusterwide-evictions=0                  clusterwide-time-since-reset=14          passivations=0                          version=8.1.0-SNAPSHOT                 
          cache-loader-stores=0                    clusterwide-hit-ratio=0.0                clusterwide-time-since-start=14          prepares=0                             
          cache-name=namedCache                    clusterwide-hits=0                      commits=0                                read-write-ratio=0.0                   
          cache-rebalance=true                    clusterwide-invalidations=0              concurrency-level=1000                  rebalancing=true              

• 2. Re: Infinispan Server - no caches or containers available ?
            mylos78

Thanks for the detailed answer Tristan! I'm going to test it right now!