1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 8:46 AM by shawkins

implicite garbage collection

jietao

How can I set clean_lobs_onclose to false (with teiid designer or change standalone-teiid.xml) for my REST VDB?

I read this document but not clear how: Temporary lobs created by Teiid will be cleaned up when the result set or statement is closed. To rely on implicit garbage collection based cleanup instead of statement close, the Teiid session variable clean_lobs_onclose can be set to false (by issuing the query "SELECT teiid_session_set('clean_lobs_onclose', false)" - which can be done for example via the new connection sql in the datasource definition). This can be used for local client scenarios that relied on the implicit behavior, such as Designer generated REST VDBs.

• 1. Re: implicite garbage collection
          shawkins

> How can I set clean_lobs_onclose to false (with teiid designer or change standalone-teiid.xml) for my REST VDB?

The designer generated rest war should be using a Teiid datasource.  You would configure that datasource to have the new-connection-sql set to "SELECT teiid_session_set('clean_lobs_onclose', false)"

<local-tx-datasource>

<connection-url>...</connection-url>

<new-connection-sql>

SELECT teiid_session_set('clean_lobs_onclose', false);

</new-connection-sql>

</local-tx-datasource>