1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 9:17 AM by jbertram

Server-side message filter

claudio.dangelo

Hello,

I'm Claudio and I'm new in this forum.

I must find a solution for our product architecture. I'm evaluating hornetq as message broker between a server and clients.

The server publishes messages with structured informations and clients must receive only paid information.

I've 3 requirements in play:

1. I've 3 clients A,B and C. The server publishes a message that can be received by A and C but not B.
      2. I've 3 clients A,B and C. The server publishes a message that can be received by A and C but not B and A can receive only some information of the message.
      3. When a client subscribes/unsubscribes to a topic or disconnect the server must be notified.

I've seen the interceptor but it seems that works only for incoming broker request. When the broker send messages to a client the interceptor is not called.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Claudio

• 1. Re: Server-side message filter
          jbertram

Couple of things...

1. If you're starting a new project then I would recommend looking at the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis project.  The HornetQ code-base was donated to Apache ActiveMQ about a year ago and has developed into the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis broker.  No further development will be happening on HornetQ.
          2. There are incoming and outgoing interceptors and each are configured independently of each other.  Read more on this in the documentation.
          3. There are built-in notification messages that can alert you to a consumer being created and/or closed.  That should cover most of what you need when a client subscribes/unsubscribes or is disconnected.  Read more on this in the documentation.