4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 8:43 AM by lukaszmro

How to connect stack treace console to remote Teiid server

lukaszmro

Hi all

Would you pls help me to connect stack treace console which i have in teiid designer to remote Teiid server which is located on external server.

In my previous set-up teiid designer was installed on same machine were Teiid engine were, and stacktreace was enabled by default.

• 1. Re: How to connect stack treace console to remote Teiid server
          rareddy

Lukas,

There is no difference between local and remote server, except for how to connect from the Teiid Designer. As far as seeing stacktraces, most of the time you will see full stacktrace when the logging is set to DEBUG in the Server configuration. Turning the logging to DEBUG is not generally not recommended in production systems.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: How to connect stack treace console to remote Teiid server
            lukaszmro

Hi Ramesh!

Thanks for fast response, as always

Im not sure if thats the issue.

I can see nothing in this console window. Even starting server info

Perhaps im blocking some port or something on firewall? and nothing is passing?

In previous configuration with server and designer on same machine i was able to see all info without any changes is server config. it was working out of the box. Info was there. And i run server in normal mode, not in debug

Now, when new server is on the other machine im starting server on that other machine with cmd console script so i have black CMD window with information there, and no information in designer...

btw. this old production config is still running for a while more until i finish this new one and swich to it.

Thats the current "old" setup which is still online for a while

ps.

Ramesh Reddy napisał(-a):

Turning the logging to DEBUG is not generally not recommended in production systems.

Ramesh..

You mean that this is not recommended ?

• 3. Re: How to connect stack treace console to remote Teiid server
              rareddy

Lukas,

When running server locally by the Designer, Designer can capture the output of the console logging to show in Console, however it is not possible when server is  remote and/or externally managed.

Yes, it is typo, not generally recommended, I was't trying to write cryptic boolean logic

Ramesh..

• 4. Re: How to connect stack treace console to remote Teiid server
                lukaszmro

Thank a lot

That`s the answer i was looking for

Ramesh Reddy napisał(-a):

Lukas,

Yes, it is typo, not generally recommended, I was't trying to write cryptic boolean logic

Ramesh..