14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 7:45 AM by gadeyne.bram

Remote connection to teiid server from designer

gadeyne.bram

Hi,

I'm trying to connect from teiid designer 9.1.1 to a remotely installed teiid server version 8.9.1 but I cannot get it to work.

My configuration is as follows. A Windows 2008 R2 Server has Teiid designer 9.1.1 installed.

A Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server has Teiid Server 8.9.1 installed (and running). I use portoffset 1000.

In Teiid Designer using the wizard I configure a new Jboss Server. On my Windows Server 2008 R2 I have a clone of teiid server from my version on my Ubuntu Server. I use this to configure the runtime. Then I select "Remote". I'm not sure whether Shell operations or management should be selected (both do not work currently).I've also indicated that the server is started remotely and that it should be assumed as started.

As the Host I've used the server and indicated it as a linux server. So in the wizard I can select my remote server location and the standalone-teiid.xml file (via SSH I assume).

When the wizard has completed the designer shows a server in the "Servers" tab. It appears stopped. I can start it. This then changed the status to started.

I also see Teiid Instance Configuration but this appears as "Loading" and stays that way.

Using "Edit Jboss / Teiid Instance Properties" I've also changed the port and login configuration and teiid version to 8.9.0. When I click the "Test Administration Connection" button I get an error Unable to establish connection to server ...

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this but in the error logs I see an error that says "Can not connect to remote://servername:10999"

When I restart the designer I see some error logs that where not previously there:

Failed to determine if server supports teiid

org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManangerException: java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.AS71Manager.execute(AS71Manager.java:342)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.JBoss71ManagerService.execute(JBoss71ManagerService.java:171)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.execute(JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.java:87)

It seems to be complaining about connection or credentials. I think I've set the credentials correctly in the "Management Login Credentials" tab.

• 1. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
          asmigala

Hi, you seem to be hitting [TEIIDDES-2592] Connecting to remote server takes a very long time - JBoss Issue Tracker

Regarding Shell operations vs Management, when you specify shell operations, you need to set ssh key or password and also remote server home.

When you specify management operations, you only need to set the hostname and correctly set admin username and password in the Management Login Credentials section, in the overview tab of the server editor (which you indicate to have done). The admin user is specified in $JBOSS_HOME/standalone/configuration/mgmt-users.properties , (not in application-users.properties), could you confirm that is the case?

• 2. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
            blafond

Here's a set of instructions that worked for me.

1) Select File -> New -> Other -> Server

2) Select: Red Hat JBoss Middleware -> JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1+

3) Set the host to your remote server host name (i.e. myserver01.labs.mycompany.com).. click NEXT >

4) Select Remote, select Management Operations, check Server is externally managed, uncheck Assign Runtime,  click NEXT >

5) Click New Host, select SSH Only, then NEXT >

6) Hostname should be pre-filled, otherwise paste your host name (i.e. myserver01.labs.mycompany.com) , set connection name, click FINISH

7) Finish again (no need to fill Remote Server Home)

8) Double click the server in Servers View, set the admin username/password and SAVE

• 3. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
              gadeyne.bram

Hi blafond and asmigala,

I've now used Barry's instructions to connect. I've also checked that the user id set properly in the mgmt-user.properties file. The user was added using the add-user.sh script.

The service is already running on my server. It was installed with a port forward of 1000. I've also enabled this port forward in the Server port section after double clicking the server.

After configuring the service it appears in the Servers tab in eclipse. I presume that I need to "start" the server in order to connect it with my remote server? At that point I see the error "java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed"

Is this port 10999 correct? I know that I can connect to the server using a browser at http://cosara3:10990 

• 4. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                asmigala

gadeyne.bram, does the error dialog you are seeing contain a Details>> button? If so, could you post the stacktrace that's included there? If not, then you should be able to get the stacktrace by double clicking the last error in the Error log view. Anyway, this error usually appears when the admin username/password is incorrectly set in the Overview tab of the Server editor.

A couple more things to try:

After starting the server (and dismissing the error message), can you expand the server in the Servers view?

Can you expand Server Details under it (these are provided by EAP, not Teiid).

Can you expand Teiid Instance Configuration?

If not, can you select Teiid Instance Configuration, hit the Refresh button on the Servers view toolbar and try expanding again? (this might take a long time in the current version of Designer, depending on the number of datasources defined on the server, see [TEIIDDES-2592] Connecting to remote server takes a very long time )

• 5. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                  gadeyne.bram

Hi Andrej,

To answer your questions:

1) expanding the server works. I see Filesets, Server Details, XML Configuration, JMX[Disconnected], Teiid Instance Configuration

2) expanding Server Details: Error retrieving children. While I was typing this, the Teiid Instance Configuration disapeared. After double clicking the server and clicking the Teiid Instance tab said, "it has been determined that there is no teiid instance available on this server".

3) I've now restarted eclipse and the Teiid Instance Configuration is visible again. Expanding is says: "Not Connected". I then select "Teiid Instance Configuration" and hit refresh. Again the Teiid Instance Configuration part disapears.

Here is the stacktrace:

org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManangerException: java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.AS71Manager.execute(AS71Manager.java:342)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.JBoss71ManagerService.execute(JBoss71ManagerService.java:171)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.execute(JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.java:87)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.adapter.JBoss7ServerUtil.executeRequest(JBoss7ServerUtil.java:66)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.adapter.JBoss7ServerUtil.getTeiidRuntimeVersion(JBoss7ServerUtil.java:250)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.adapter.TeiidServerAdapterFactory.createJboss7TeiidServer(TeiidServerAdapterFactory.java:212)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.adapter.TeiidServerAdapterFactory.adaptJBoss7Server(TeiidServerAdapterFactory.java:191)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.adapter.TeiidServerAdapterFactory.adaptServer(TeiidServerAdapterFactory.java:82)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.TeiidParentServerListener.serverChanged(TeiidParentServerListener.java:77)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ResourceManager.fireServerEvent(ResourceManager.java:560)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ResourceManager.addServer(ResourceManager.java:712)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.saveToMetadata(Server.java:474)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Base.doSave(Base.java:266)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.doSave(Server.java:463)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerWorkingCopy.save(ServerWorkingCopy.java:432)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.editor.ServerEditor.doSave(ServerEditor.java:389)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$2.run(SaveableHelper.java:154)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper$5.run(SaveableHelper.java:283)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$13.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2157)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2153)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation(SaveableHelper.java:291)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.runProgressMonitorOperation(SaveableHelper.java:269)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.SaveableHelper.savePart(SaveableHelper.java:159)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.saveSaveable(WorkbenchPage.java:3915)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.saveEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3929)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SaveHandler.execute(SaveHandler.java:54)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:229)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:149)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)

at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)

at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:343)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:159)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:462)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeForResult(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:129)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.execute(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:71)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.AS71Manager.execute(AS71Manager.java:331)

... 74 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connectSync(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:129)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionManager$EstablishingConnection.connect(ProtocolConnectionManager.java:256)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionManager.connect(ProtocolConnectionManager.java:70)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.FutureManagementChannel$Establishing.getChannel(FutureManagementChannel.java:176)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient.getOrCreateChannel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:144)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient$1.getChannel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:65)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(ManagementChannelHandler.java:115)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(ManagementChannelHandler.java:98)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeRequest(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:236)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.execute(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:141)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeForResult(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:127)

... 76 more

Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:344)

at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:227)

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)

at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:189)

at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:103)

at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:189)

at org.xnio.ssl.JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.handleReadable(JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.java:180)

at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$1.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:103)

at org.xnio.nio.NioHandle.run(NioHandle.java:90)

at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:187)

at ...asynchronous invocation...(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:270)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:251)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:349)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:337)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connect(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:80)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connectSync(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:99)

... 86 more

• 6. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                    gadeyne.bram

There is also a second error message in the logs:

JBossTools is unable to verify that the server is up and responsive.

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.AS71Manager.getServerState(AS71Manager.java:272)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.JBoss71ManagerService.getServerState(JBoss71ManagerService.java:142)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.getServerState(JBoss7ManagerServiceProxy.java:71)

at org.jboss.tools.as.core.server.controllable.subsystems.internal.ManagementPublishController.isRunning(ManagementPublishController.java:113)

at org.jboss.tools.as.core.server.controllable.subsystems.internal.ManagementPublishController.canPublishInternal(ManagementPublishController.java:136)

at org.jboss.tools.as.core.server.controllable.subsystems.internal.ManagementPublishController.publishStart(ManagementPublishController.java:152)

at org.jboss.tools.as.core.server.controllable.internal.DeployableServerBehavior.publishStart(DeployableServerBehavior.java:104)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:942)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3157)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeForResult(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:129)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.execute(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:71)

at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.internal.management.as71.AS71Manager.execute(AS71Manager.java:331)

... 12 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connectSync(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:129)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionManager$EstablishingConnection.connect(ProtocolConnectionManager.java:256)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionManager.connect(ProtocolConnectionManager.java:70)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.FutureManagementChannel$Establishing.getChannel(FutureManagementChannel.java:176)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient.getOrCreateChannel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:144)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.RemotingModelControllerClient$1.getChannel(RemotingModelControllerClient.java:65)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(ManagementChannelHandler.java:115)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementChannelHandler.executeRequest(ManagementChannelHandler.java:98)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeRequest(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:236)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.execute(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:141)

at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient.executeForResult(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:127)

... 14 more

Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:344)

at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:227)

at org.xnio.ssl.JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.handleReadable(JsseConnectedSslStreamChannel.java:180)

at org.xnio.nio.NioHandle.run(NioHandle.java:90)

at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:187)

at ...asynchronous invocation...(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:270)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:251)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:349)

at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:337)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connect(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:80)

at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolConnectionUtils.connectSync(ProtocolConnectionUtils.java:99)

... 24 more

• 7. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                      asmigala

Bram,

expanding Server Details: Error retrieving children.

This suggests that JBDS cannot even connect to EAP.

So this seems that your login credentials are wrong, could you please doublecheck?

Also, what version of EAP and what version of JBDS are you using? I could try to recreate your setup and see if I can get it working / see what the issue might be.

• 8. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                        asmigala

Bram, I just tried setting a wrong admin password for the remote server and connecting and I see exactly the same symptoms as you described.

• 9. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                          gadeyne.bram

Hi Andrej,

Just to be sure. Are these credentials the same as when you connect to the web console? Also could the use of special characters in the password cause problems?

• 10. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                            asmigala

Bram,

yes, these should be the credentials you use when accessin  http://<host>:9990 . Special characters could perhaps be a problem, I remember there were some EAP issues with the passwords (but this was probably in the installer and not in EAP itself). Spaces in particular caused problems. Again, I would need to know your EAP version to try and reproduce.

Just to be absolutely sure, the admin username and password must be set on the Overview tab of the Server editor, not on the Teiid Instance tab (that's for connecting to the VDBs using JDBC).

• 11. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                              gadeyne.bram

I'm using teiid 8.9.1 so I I'm using EAP 6.3

I'll try to change the password and see if this resolves the issue.

• 12. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                                gadeyne.bram

I've created a new user and the problem remains. The password for this new user is Test1234+

The add-user.sh script requires a non-alphanumeric character.

Now I do get this pop-up with a Details button:

The intialisation produced an exception, which can occur due to incorrect security credentials. Please review the exception messages by clicking the Details button.

* java.io.IOException: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

* java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

* JBAS012174: Could not connect to remote://COSARA3:10999. The connection failed

* Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

• 13. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                                  rareddy

Bram,

Let's remove the Designer from equation, and try with "jboss-cli.sh" application. Install a local EAP instance for testing, and connect to your remote EAP+Teiid instance like

./jboss-cli.sh --controller COSARA3:10999 --connect

Also, I am guessing you changed the management port (typically it is 9999, or HTTP 9990) to 10999. If you have not changed the port that could be the issue. Once this works then we can figure out how to connect with Designer.

Ramesh..

• 14. Re: Remote connection to teiid server from designer
                                    gadeyne.bram

Hi all,

Thanks for the support and helpfull feedback. I've managed to get it working using these intructions from Barry:

1) Select File -> New -> Other -> Server

2) Select: Red Hat JBoss Middleware -> JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1+

3) Set the host to your remote server host name (i.e. myserver01.labs.mycompany.com).. click NEXT >

4) Select Remote, select Management Operations, check Server is externally managed, uncheck Assign Runtime,  click NEXT >

5) Click New Host, select SSH Only, then NEXT >

6) Hostname should be pre-filled, otherwise paste your host name (i.e. myserver01.labs.mycompany.com) , set connection name, click FINISH

7) Finish again (no need to fill Remote Server Home)

8) Double click the server in Servers View, set the admin username/password and SAVE

I have a new setup using teiid 8.11.3 server and designer 9.1.1. Now it all works fine. This is great!

Thanks again!