6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 1:53 AM by paujla03 Branched from an earlier discussion.

Deployment failure in WildFly

0rl4nd0

Hello.

Im new to this site and im struggling really hard on finding a solution for this:

Failed to enable KeplerOnline.ear.

Unexpected HTTP response: 500  Request { "address" => [("deployment" => "KeplerOnline.ear")], "operation" => "deploy" }  Response  Internal Server Error { "outcome" => "failed", "failure-description" => {"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => [ "jboss.persistenceunit.\"KeplerOnline.ear/KeplerOnline-ejb.jar#KeplerOnline-ejbPU\".__FIRST_PHASE__ is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.jdbc.kepweb]", "jboss.deployment.unit.\"KeplerOnline.ear\".weld.weldClassIntrospector is missing [jboss.deployment.unit.\"KeplerOnline.ear\".beanmanager]" ]}, "rolled-back" => true }

I checked at deployments folder and placed the *mysql-connector JAR*  and  *jdbc4 JAR* but this did not solve anything so i erased them and tried the following:

Using the WildFly Web application, i deployed the mysql-connector and jdbc4 JARS  and they were correctly placed but when looking at the /standalone/deployments folder they are not really there and it is pretty weird. Where does these archives are really placed?

I dont know what is going on, i tried reinstalling the Wildfly from scratch and the problem still persists.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
          jameslivingston

The "[jboss.naming.context.java.jdbc.kepweb]" part means that there is no java:jdbc/kepweb JNDI entry and the persistence unit refers to it. Do you have one defined with that name in your server profile?

I'm not sure about the Weld one

• 2. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
            mayerw01

Did you verify that your deployment scanner is configured and your jdbc drivers were deployed correctly?

You could also try to deploy the drivers manually or as a module. I'd then create a datasource and test the connection to the database.  

• 3. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
              0rl4nd0

Hello, thanks for the answer.

Do i have to set the profile in the configuration file located in the next directory?

/opt/wildfly/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/configuration

Since im new on this jboss/wildfly stuff i'ven following some tutorials...

Thanks

• 4. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
                0rl4nd0

wolfgang:

Thanks  the jdbc4 was deployed properly. As for now im trying to investigate where to put the profile  for  java:jdbc/kepweb JNDI Since James wrote that it is one of the problems.,

• 5. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
                  mayerw01

The configuration should be done in the appropriate file witin the configuration directory (eg standalone.xml)

But it might be more convenient to use jboss-cli or the web administration console for these purposes.

• 6. Re: Deployment failure in WildFly
                    paujla03

Check your standalone.xml in the <wildfly_home_dir>/standalone/configuration directory.  Open the standalone.xml and make your way down to profile tag and then inside it look for datasource subsystem tag.  Between opening and ending tags paste the following and fill in information for your datasource.  Install the JDBC driver as core module instead of just deploying it.

<datasources>

<xa-datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/MysqlXADS" pool-name="MysqlXADS">

<driver>mysql</driver>

<xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">localhost</xa-datasource-property>

<xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">mysqldb</xa-datasource-property>

<security>

<user-name>admin</user-name>

<password>admin</password>

</security>

<validation>

<valid-connection-checker class-name="org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.mysql.MySQLValidConnectionChecker"></valid-connection-checker>

<exception-sorter class-name="org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.extensions.mysql.MySQLExceptionSorter"></exception-sorter>

</validation>

</xa-datasource>

<drivers>

<driver name="mysql" module="com.mysql">

<xa-datasource-class>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>

</driver>

</drivers>

</datasources>