1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 8:26 AM by maxandersen

Confusing message

jseanjensen

I'm getting a Problem Occurred message box occasionally when I run the studio.inisialazation.png

I get this message intermittantly and can't intentionally reproduce it.  I don't know it it's related or not but I'm also experiencing problems where my server locks up the studio when it is starting up the server within it.  I start the server and it starts to display information on the console but it then freezes and JBDS shows (Not Responding).  I can stop the process which allows JBDS to run normally again but my server isn't started.  This problem  will persist until I have completed starting and stopping the server process several times.  Once it starts working it will continue to work until I shut it down.  I have not noticed any performance issues.  The process doesn't lock up at the same place in the boot up sequence or show any obvious patterns that would tell me where there is an issue.

I'm trying to start in a new workspace in case that makes a difference and I'm trying to use a couple of different server instances both 7 and Wildfly 8. 

If there is anything I can do to make this process run smoother and better I would appreciate the advice.

• 1. Re: Confusing message
          maxandersen

Hi Sean,

I haven't seen such dialog with that content before. Does this happen with a specific server adapter ?

And what version of the tools are you using ?

To figure out what is causing the blockage can you when this dialog is shown run:

jps -v

see which line is your eclipse instance and take the PID (on the left side) and then run

jstack <pid>

which should then dump out a stacktrace that should reveal what lead up to this dialog blocking the UI.

Take that stacktrace and open a bug in Tools (JBoss Tools) - JBoss Issue Tracker and attach the stacktrace and let us know of the bug ID.

thanks!