1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 1:34 AM by swiderski.maciej

Associated Entities next task(s)

jimmy001

Hello,

I am using jbpm 6.3 embedded in my application. For integration I am relying on the CDI Services API ("BPMN2DataServiceCDIImpl", etc.).

A new requirement for my application is that a user working on task A can select the assignee of Task B from the list of possible candidates.

Task B doesn't exist until Task A is completed (sequence).

To achieve this I am looking for a way to traverse the bpmn model from the active Node (representation of Task A in the model).

How can I find the node equivalent to Task A and from there traverse the outgoing edges to find the next human task?

Best I could find was BPMN2DataServiceCDIImpl.getTasksDefinitions which allows to access the candidates of a node.

Unfortunatley there is nothing telling me if it is the next one.

I am thankful for any pointers.

Kind regards,

J.

• 1. Re: Associated Entities next task(s)
          swiderski.maciej

personally I think it would be best to rely on process variables. So when someone designs the process can specify assignees as variable reference (#{assignees}) and then on task A completion you simply map the selected assignees into that process variable to be assigned. The only thing that is left is to figure out what users Task A can select from though it might be already given on start process or with some service nodes that fetches what options we have for given type of process etc.

HTH