6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 12:52 PM by prashanthi1

error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance

prashanthi1

Hello,

I have created a new server in JBDS, and added it as the default server.

In Teiid Instance tab, I am not able to make "Test JDBC Connection". It is giving error - Unable to establish connection to server "jdbc:teiid:ping@mms://localhost:31000", though my server is running.

Any setting I am missing?

Thanks,

Prashanthi.

• 1. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
          rareddy

Make sure you created a "management user" and "application user" using the "add-user.bat" file in the "<jboss-eap-install>/bin" directory, and use those users in Designer. Use the management user for "admin" connection, and application user for "Teiid" connection.

• 2. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
            prashanthi1

Hi Ramesh,

I have added both management and application users and updated them in designer. but i get the below error while saving it.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The intialisation produced an exception, which can occur due to incorrect security credentials. Please review the exception messages by clicking the Details button.

* org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.core.JBoss7ManangerException: Could not execute "read-attribute" for [{"subsystem" => "teiid"}]. Failure was "JBAS014883: No resource definition is registered for address [(\"subsystem\" => \"teiid\")]".

* Could not execute "read-attribute" for [{"subsystem" => "teiid"}]. Failure was "JBAS014883: No resource definition is registered for address [(\"subsystem\" => \"teiid\")]".

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

after it gets saved, again it gives the same error that it is unable to establish the connection.

Thanks,

Prashanthi

• 3. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
              rareddy

In the Designer, double click on the server profile you created, that will open a server configuration panel, on that click "Runtime Environment" link and edit the configuration file to "standalone-teiid.xml" then save and start the server.

• 4. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
                prashanthi1

Hi Ramesh,

I am using eap - 6.4 and it is having only standalone.xml. this is configured in server runtime environment settings.

I am using JBDS 8.1.0, teiid designer - 9.1.0, eap 6.4.0 and teiid version-8.7.0

are these versions compatible?

Thanks,

Prashanthi

• 5. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
                  rareddy

No they are not. More over it does not look like you installed Teiid at all

See Downloads · Teiid for compatible EAP versions. What you have JBDS should be fine.

• 6. Re: error while "Test JDBC Connection" in server Teiid instance
                    prashanthi1

Thanks Ramesh, my mistake. I am able to get the now getting "OK" for both the connections tests.