0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 7:06 AM by sridharthiyagarajan

<initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order> of application.xml not working in Wildfly AS 8.2.0

sridharthiyagarajan

Hello... I am migrating my application from JBoss 6 AS to Wildfly 8.2.0 AS. It is an EAR application containing MBeans and EJBs. It is a multi-maven module project and MBeans are scattered across different sub modules and packaging is of type EJB and JAR for those modules. I cannot convert sub-modules containing MBeans as SAR deployment as they are tightly linked and packed as JAR.

I am using jboss-service.xml in META-INF folder of EAR to deploy and register MBeans. MBeans are dependent on EJBs and hence, EJBs need to be deployed first before JAR containing MBeans gets deployed.

I tried <initialize-in-order>true</initialize-in-order> in application.xml to have an order in deployment of EAR contents but it is not following the modules sequence present in application.xml but it is not working. Order of deployment as defined in application.xml is not followed. FYI that I am unpacking the EAR and deploying using auto-deploy-exploded="true" in deployment scanner in standalone-full-ha.xml. I believe packed or unpacked EAR deployment format does not contribute this problem.

I also saw the xsd file of jboss-app.xml but I could not find any example supporting the order of EAR deployment.

Could anyone please help to implement the order of deployment for EAR in Wildfly 8.2.0 AS.