1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 9:09 AM by lhein

AWS Connector in Camel Route

tango1

I have a need of connecting to AWS SQS. Looks like there is such support provided by camel but I am not able to see AWS connector in developer studio. Can some one help me in understanding how i can do so.

• 1. Re: AWS Connector in Camel Route
          lhein

Hi,

I  guess that you installed the JBoss Fuse Tooling 7.3.0 from the Integration Stack.

In the palette of the Camel Editor you won't find the AWS SQS connector directly as we only listed the most used ones for this version. (might change in the next major release)

But that doesn't mean that you cannot work with that connector. It requires just some more preparation work.

1. open the pom.xml file of your project and add the dependency for the Camel AWS SQS component into your maven dependencies section:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>

<artifactId>camel-aws</artifactId>

<version>2.15.1.redhat-620133</version>

</dependency>

2. in the palette choose the "Generic" connector in the components drawer. Once placed in the diagram enter the following URI:

aws-sqs://queueName

3. deselect the endpoint in the diagram and select it once again.

Following these steps you should be able to get the properties of that endpoint show up fine. Btw. that works with any standard Camel connector which is not listed in our palette. The only thing you need to know is which dependency to use and what the prefix of the component is. You can find both information on the Apache Camel website quite easily:     http://camel.apache.org/components.html

I hope this helps.

Lars