1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 9:39 AM by tcunning

SY 1.1 has missing dependencies. SY2.0 has not support for Wildfly 8.2x

magick93

Hi

Currently we are using SY 1.1 on Jboss 7.1.x.

However, when I build on a clean m2 cache I get the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project rhythm: Could not resolve dependencies for project ...: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.jboss.as:jboss-as-server:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-controller:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-controller-client:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-domain-http-interface:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-domain-management:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-deployment-repository:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-protocol:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-platform-mbean:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-process-controller:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-remoting:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-network:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-version:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4, org.jboss.as:jboss-as-build-config:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4: Failure to find org.jboss.as:jboss-as-server:jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4 in https://maven.java.net/content/groups/public/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of java-net-public has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

I have checked the jboss repositories and can see that these alpha dependencies are gone.

So, then we just upgrade - but doh! SY2.0 does not have support for Wildfly 8.2.

So we are left on 1.x with missing dependencies - not a good position to be in.

When will SY support Wildfly 8.2x?

In the meantime, will there be an update to SY 1.1?

Further to this - there is confusion about if SY2.0 supports Jboss 7x.

On jboss-switchyard/release · GitHub there is mention of switchyard-release-as7.

However on SwitchYard Downloads - JBoss Community I cannot find any mention of a download for jboss 7.

Nor is there any mention on Installation Guide - SwitchYard - Project Documentation Editor

• 1. Re: SY 1.1 has missing dependencies. SY2.0 has not support for Wildfly 8.2x
          tcunning

We realize that WildFly 8.2 support is a highly desired feature and we're planning a follow on community release to support it.     My guess - and it's just a guess - would be that that would be in the October timeframe or after.    If a Wildfly 8.3 comes out during the time between now and then, then Wildfly 8.3 would be the release we would do primary testing on.

SwitchYard 2.0 does support Wildfly 8.0, so that's the container we'd suggest upgrading to.

For SwitchYard 2.0, no testing was done on JBoss 7.x.    Support for JBoss 7.x was deprecated in the 2.0 alpha/beta/CR's in favor of Wildfly 8.     There shouldn't be any confusion there.