0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 5:11 AM by riena

Migrating from AS5 to AS7.1.1: Failure to deploy ear file caused by NullPointerException in ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.addJndiBinding()

riena

Hello,

I'm migrating from JBoss 5.1.0 to JBoss 7.1.1.

I have an ear file that has previously worked in JBoss 5.1 version.

However, upon deployment I've encountered the following error:

14:50:54,678 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.subunit."main-deployment.ear"."Inner.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.subunit."main-deployment.ear"."Inner.war".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of subdeployment "Inner.war" of deployment "main-deployment.ear"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.addJndiBinding(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:261)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.deploy(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:118)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final] ... 5 more 14:50:54,911 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (HttpManagementService-threads - 1) JBAS015870: Deploy of deployment "main-deployment.ear" was rolled back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.subunit.\"main-deployment.ear\".\"Inner.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.subunit.\"main-deployment.ear\".\"Inner.war\".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of subdeployment \"Inner.war\" of deployment \"main-deployment.ear\""}}

Contents of main-deployment.ear are as follows:

APP-INF/

APP-INF/lib/

APP-INF/lib/{jar files}

Inner.war

META-INF/

META-INF/application.xml

META-INF/jboss-app.xml

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Please inform me if there are any more information that you would like to know. I'm pretty stuck with this problem.

Btw, here's the link to my reference during JBoss 5.1 to JBoss 7.1.1: How do I migrate my application from AS5 or AS6 TO AS7

Thanks and best regards.