10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 11:29 AM by stevenswj

Unable to test administration connection

stevenswj

I am using JBoss EAP 6.4 server, Teiid Designer 9, Teiid 8.10.1, and JBoss Developer Studio 8.1.0. I am trying to establish a connection to the server in Teiid Designer (running in a separate Eclipse) that I have running externally from JBoss Developer Studio and the server is indeed running successfully.

I have added an admin to the server and am able to access it via http://localhost:9990/management

But unfortunately, I still cannot use the server in Teiid Designer, even though I am using the same admin password in the server overview. When I try to preview data, I get

failure1.png

and when I test the administration connection I get

failure2.png

Teiid Designer gives me the error "No ExecutionAdmin factory registered for teiid instance version 8.10.1."

a very frustrating problem, assistance very appreciated

• 1. Re: Unable to test administration connection
          van.halbert

As the important note indicated on the download page [1], not until Teiid 8.11 was it compatible with EAP 6.4.   If you could download and install 8.11, this may help.  Or download EAP 6.3 to install Teiid 8.10 into.

[1]  Downloads · Teiid

• 2. Re: Unable to test administration connection
            rareddy

Either case I do not think current Teiid Designer does not work with 8.10 or 8.11 as Teiid Designer has an superficial check to avoid connecting to later runtimes than it is bundled with. This has been reported as bug and will be fixed in the next release of the Teiid Designer.

Yes, for EAP 6.4 alpha support introduced in the Teiid 8.11 Beta2. Teiid 8.10.1 works with EAP 6.3.Alpha.

Ramesh..

• 3. Re: Unable to test administration connection
              stevenswj

Thanks for your reply. I need all of these products to work together. So what are the latest versions of these 3 products will all work together in a stable fashion?

• 4. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                rareddy

Weston,

We are sorry for all the confusion with different versions and compatibility with each other. There are two types of distributions,

1. As JBoss Community we provide (Teiid, Teiid Designer, WildFly aka JBoss EAP) here version of the each of these modules are different, and every version of the respected tool might change it's dependency on other tool based on its latest version. In that regard we have
                  • Teiid 8.10.1, deploys on JBoss EAP 6.3 Alpha - There is No compatible Teiid Designer *
                  • Teiid 8.8, deploys on JBoss EAP 6.3 Alpha - Works with Teiid Designer 9
                  • Teiid 8.11 (will be released within next week) deploys on EAP 6.4.Alpha, - There is No compatible Teiid Designer*
                2. Redhat as JBoss Data Virtualization product also has distribution, but the software with different set of licensing. Here all the three tools have been tested thoroughly and they work together. For this see [1] and [2]

[1] http://www.jboss.org/products/datavirt/overview/

[2] JBoss Developer Studio - Overview

* we are also working on latest version of the Teiid Designer 9.1, that will work with any version Teiid runtime. It is scheduled to be released very soon (may be within 1 or 2 weeks), you can try it out 9.1 Beta from here Download & Install - JBoss Community

so bottom line is use (2) if you wanted fully tested suite, but the licensing is different and it may not be latest versions of Teiid. Otherwise use Teiid 8.11 with EAP 6.4 Alpha with Teiid Designer 9.1 for latest community stuff, but this may be 1 to 2 weeks away for final versions but you can start to validate them with Beta versions right now and log any issues you see so that we fix them before the final releases.

Hope that clears the confusion.

Thanks

Ramesh..

• 5. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                  stevenswj

Unfortunately I have no familiarity with JBoss Data Virtualization, what relationship may I ask does this product have with those 3 products?

For the JBoss community are you saying Teiid 8.8, JBoss EAP 6.3 Alpha, and Teiid Designer 9 are the latest stable combination versions or Teiid 8.11, EAP 6.4 Alpha, Teiid Designer 9.1?

Thanks you've been a big help

• 6. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                    rareddy

"JBoss Data Virtualization" is the "product" that Redhat offers subscription to if you ever want to take this application into production with enterprise support. It is built using Teiid and JBoss EAP. The JBoss Developer Studio contains the Teiid Designer plugin, that works with JBoss Data Virtualization.

For the other comment yes, as of today. In couple weeks that may be Teiid 8.11 Final + EAP 6.4 Alpha + Teiid Designer 9.2

Ramesh..

• 7. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                      stevenswj

To my knowledge we don't have a subscription yet, which I take it is a paid one. So I guess the prudent thing to do is get Teiid 8.8, JBoss EAP 6.3 Alpha, and Teiid Designer 9 working now, get Teiid 8.11 Final + EAP 6.4 Alpha + Teiid Designer 9.2 working in a couple weeks, and get the virtualization if/when we have a subscription?

• 8. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                        shawkins

Teiid 8.8 or 8.8.1 will use EAP 6.1 Alpha - Downloads · Teiid

• 9. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                          rareddy

BTW, for JBoss Data Virtualization you can download and use for the development purposes free to use. Only licensing restriction is it should not be used in production environments without valid subscription, with subscription it also comes with professional support from Redhat.

• 10. Re: Unable to test administration connection
                            stevenswj

That looks like the way to go, avoids all the compatibility madness.