1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 9:08 AM by rareddy

Data preview from Teradata: Unable to get managed connection for java

firojpanda

While viewing the data from the teradata table. I am getting the below error.

select * from "TD_Generic_JDBC"."BDC_BUS_ORG_BILLG_MTHLY"

org.teiid.runtime.client.TeiidClientException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Remote org.teiid.core.TeiidProcessingException: TEIID30504 TD_Generic_JDBC: TEIID11009 java.sql.SQLException: javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ000453: Unable to get managed connection for java:/PREVIEW_d7bd49c1-a41a-42c6-b170-f414e138b113_DV-DEMO_TD_Generic_JDBC

Elapsed Time:  0 hr, 0 min, 1 sec, 778 ms.

Could you please help me fixing this issue.

Note: I am able view the data from PostgreSQL, but not Teradata.

- See more at: https://developer.jboss.org/inbox?objectType=-1805099612&objectID=1001#sthash.ylwxBs26.dpuf

• 1. Re: Data preview from Teradata: Unable to get managed connection for java
          rareddy

Firoj,

The above error indicates that given the URL, user/pwd the server was not able to make connection to Teradata server for some reason. You can the credentials again to make sure they are correctly configured. Also, need to make sure Teradata JDBC driver is correctly installed in the server. Typically, when added the JAR file using the Teiid Designer and the JAR file is "service compatible" then the JAR module will be added automatically, however in somecases that may not be case. Take a look the server.log file it may give indication as to why it could not create the connection.

Ramesh..