2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 2:57 AM by jimmy001

Boundary Events

jimmy001

Hello,

in my application I'd like to provide the functionallity to trigger boundary events manually. This leads me to the following two questions:

1) Are boundary events triggered by "processService.signalProcessInstance" ?

2) How can I find out which boundary events are for the current human task available because either they are boundary events of the task or are boundary events of the parent subprocess(es) ?

Thx for your help.

J.

• 1. Re: Boundary Events
          swiderski.maciej

jimmy001 wrote:

1) Are boundary events triggered by "processService.signalProcessInstance" ?

if we are talking about signal/message events then yes, they will be signaled by that method

jimmy001 wrote:

2) How can I find out which boundary events are for the current human task available because either they are boundary events of the task or are boundary events of the parent subprocess(es) ?

processService has getAvailableSignals method which should return the signal names that are currently active

HTH

• 2. Re: Boundary Events
            jimmy001

Hello,

I have tried ProcessService.getAvailableSignals, but it does not provide the information I need.

To clarify: In the attached image I want to know, when the processinstance reaches "Task 3", that it has the boundary signals "Signal 1, Signal 2" including the signalRef values.

Something like List<Signal> TaskService.listSignals(long Id). How could this be implemented (if it isn't already)?

Thx

signals.png