1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2015 4:40 AM by adinn

Byteman and Wildfly 8

lopez.alfred

Hi All,

I'm currently using Wildfly 8.1.0 and I wrote a mini instrumentation framework to debug some applications running in it. But I discovered that Byteman was "configured" in the startup script (I was unaware of the project until AFTER I spent a day writing my tool to do the EXACT same thing). Anyway, though I see it referenced via jboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman, I don't see anything in the system that resembles it. No module definition, nothing. So my question is, is it *really* installed and if not, how do I install it and where do I place my scripts?

Thanks,

Alfred Lopez

• 1. Re: Byteman and Wildfly 8
          adinn

Hi Alfred,

The "configuration" you refer to does not install Byteman. It simply paves the way for JBoss Modules to allow Byteman to operate effectively by default (by ensuring that all classes in the Byteman package space are visible in all module loaders)

Details of how to run Byteman in JBoss AS7 (and therefore, mutandis mutandis, in EAP or Wildfly) are provided in the Byteman Getting Started tutorial. Follow the link marked How Do I Run JBoss AS With Byteman. If you have not already worked your way through the tutorial I recommend doing so.