2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2015 9:58 AM by shibani11

JBoss 6 And quartz-ra.rar

shibani11

We are in the process of migrating a large JEE enterprise web application from JBoss AS 5.2 to JBoss AS
      6.3. We know that JBoss EAP 6 does not include Quartz as it does not use Quartz for implementing EJB
      Timers. However, our application includes MDB's that depend on the quartz resource adapter. How would we
      package the the quartz resource adapter, including the quartz-ra.jar, the META-INF folder and it's contents
      (MANIFEST.MF and ra.xml.). Would it be a static module that under the main folder includes the artifacts
      I just mentioned?  If so, do we need to add anything to standalone-full.xml that references the new module?

• 1. Re: JBoss 6 And quartz-ra.rar
          tnuernbergerj

Shibani,

Did you ever get this to work for you ? I'm having almost the same issue with JBoss 6. If you have any ideas, could you share them with me.

Thanks.

tom.nuernberger@tceq.texas.gov

• 2. Re: JBoss 6 And quartz-ra.rar
            shibani11

Tom,

We've made some progress, but since we haven't been able to start the server successfully yet, I'm not sure if we have the complete solution. The reason we are still working on getting the server started, besides the fact we are migrating from JBoss version 5.2 to 6.3,  is that our large enterprise web application is based on JSF 1.2, RichFaces 3.3 and Hibernate 3.x. We are required to migrate to JSF 2.1, RichFaces 4.5. and Hibernate 4.X, and there are major issues with backward compatability, especially with RichFaces 4.5.

But anyway, here's what we did about quartz-ra.rar:

We bundles it within our EAR and added the following tag to application.xml:

<module>

<connector>quartz-ra.rar</connector>

</module>

We also created a custom module for the quartz.jar file. Here's our module.xml file fo rthat:

<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.1" name="org.quartz">

<resources>

<resource-root path="quartz.jar"/>

</resources> 

<dependencies>

<module name="org.slf4j"/>

<module name="javax.api"/>   

<module name="org.apache.commons.logging" export="true"/>

</dependencies>

</module>

Based on the console output, the quartz resource adapter seems to be deploying.

Hope this helps.

Shibani