1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 2:45 AM by abhijithumbe

How to use a RecieveTask in KIE Workbench business process

suchi052

Hello All,

I want to start a business process only when I receive certain message ( say "Start Me").

I mapped the variables as can be seen in the attached screenshot (Sample_ReceiveTask.PNG) and also added the following section to workdefinition

[

"name" : "sampleMsg",

"parameters" : [

"startMe" : new StringDataType()

],

"displayName" : "sampleMsg",

"icon" : "defaultlogicon.gif"

]

However I get the following error while trying to execute it.

Process Instances failed to start: [Model.testReceive:32 - Entry Point:2] -- Could not find work item handler for Receive Task

Also, I'm unable to reopen the file after running the instance ( please see the attached After_Error_Screen.png)

I can input the value of the message, but where should I compare it to validate the string message?

Thanks,

Suchi

• 1. Re: How to use a RecieveTask in KIE Workbench business process
          abhijithumbe

To execute "Receive Task" we have to register "ReceiveTaskHandler" in kmodule.xml like as:

===============

<kmodule xmlns="http://jboss.org/kie/6.0.0/kmodule" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<kbase name="kbase" default="true" eventProcessingMode="stream" equalsBehavior="identity">

<ksession name="ksession" type="stateful" default="true" clockType="realtime">

<workItemHandlers>

<workItemHandler type="new org.jbpm.bpmn2.handler.ReceiveTaskHandler(ksession)" name="Receive Task"/>

</workItemHandlers>

</ksession>

</kbase>

</kmodule>

===============

we can register workitemhandler through "business-central.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf" file as well, like as:

[

"Log": new org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.demo.SystemOutWorkItemHandler(),

"WebService": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.webservice.WebServiceWorkItemHandler(ksession),

"Rest": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.rest.RESTWorkItemHandler(),

"Receive Task": new org.jbpm.bpmn2.handler.ReceiveTaskHandler(ksession)

]

Hope it helps..